ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (7/27) > >>

mwb1100:
Just to clarify - the 40% discount for Opus 9 -> 10 was available for more than 2 years after release, and it then dropped to 30%.
-JonPotter (March 05, 2014, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for coming to set those details straight.

tn_dang:
I'm still on 9.  I love DO.  I just can't justify the price that often.  It was the same with SlickEdit.
-wraith808 (March 04, 2014, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
SlickEdit is still better in the sense that the user can use it on multiple computer.
-tn_dang (March 05, 2014, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can do the same with DO.  I do currently.
-wraith808 (March 05, 2014, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
http://www.gpsoft.com.au/order_intro.html

Directory Opus is licenced on a per-machine basis.

--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I'm still on 9.  I love DO.  I just can't justify the price that often.  It was the same with SlickEdit.
-wraith808 (March 04, 2014, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
SlickEdit is still better in the sense that the user can use it on multiple computer.
--- End quote ---

You can do the same with DO.  I do currently.
-wraith808 (March 05, 2014, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
http://www.gpsoft.com.au/order_intro.html

Directory Opus is licenced on a per-machine basis.

--- End quote ---
-tn_dang (March 05, 2014, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right... but I bought a two machine license.  And I always renew on that basis.  So its actually three machines since they give you a free laptop one with your original.  Just for reference:

Directory Opus Pro Single - Single machine licence plus one personal laptop
Directory Opus Pro Dual - Two machine licence plus one personal laptop
Directory Opus Pro Five - Five machine licence plus one personal laptop

--- End quote ---

dr_andus:
I'm in 2 minds about this upgrade. It's hard to see what killer improvement is there, especially when it costs AUS$50 for the upgrade.
-katykaty (March 05, 2014, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was wondering about the same thing. I'm having a hard time finding the killer feature for me. I consider myself a basic user of Dopus (I don't even customise it myself, just use Andy's setup), but the new features seem to be targeting the super-sophisticated user that can write their own scripts and customise the hell out of the interface.

cyberdiva:
--- End quote ---
When I bought DOpus 8, I bought a dual license so that I could use DOpus on two computers (probably my laptop and my desktop).  When I upgraded to version 9, I was pleased to see that the single-user license now covered a laptop in addition to the desktop, so I was able to save some money.  This policy continued in version 10 and, I hope and assume, in version 11 as well (I haven't yet upgraded).  Here's a statement of the policy in the User's Manual for version 10:  The standard license is a single-installation license which allows the installation of the SOFTWARE on one physical machine only, for exclusive use on that machine only, plus one personal laptop owned by and in exclusive use by the registered purchaser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version