ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (4/27) > >>

4wd:
Still giant. :/ -Tuxman (March 04, 2014, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Move further away from the monitor or get a 4k monitor, on that a toolbar of only 28 pixels height, (~1.2%), will look quite small.

I'm sure that squinting at the the monitor from a distance of 300mm using 5x bifocals, the toolbars will look giant.

Honestly, saying they're "giant" is rather pointless because you've given no reference, it's in the same league as "It doesn't work."

Jibz:
I like DO, and I was a registered user of version 8.

But I must admit I have felt it was too expensive to upgrade. Especially given that I have a license for Total Commander which has had free upgrades in like forever, and a lifetime license to XYplorer.

wraith808:
Well, remember when I told you about the manner in which people say things is important to our relationship with developers?  I don't think we'll be getting a discount.  I received this response:

We are not very impressed as hard working developers when we see stuff like this on DC…. :(

Does not give us a warm feeling towards you when this kind of untruths and garbage is published without moderation or correction.

"they have a sickening habit of reducing the upgrade discount after a short period of time.  It's currently roughly a 45% reduction - last upgrade, that went down to a 10% reduction within a couple of months"

--- End quote ---

My response was that he was free to post a correction- I'm not sure of the specifics, so I can't post a rebuttal- but told him that he was free to do so, and asked what was incorrect about the statement.  But please be careful and responsible in your posting- as always, your opinions are your opinions, but they do affect our relationship with developers, and our ability to get discounts.  I didn't know that before I started doing the stuff with discounts... but I've seen it in operation.  

And besides that, I do understand his sentiment if this is not true and was posted.  Any actual anecdotal information to back this up one way or the other?  I didn't think it strange because many companies do reduce their discount over time- as a reward to the ones that purchase earlier.  I probably wouldn't have used 'sickening' for that reason- but that's just my opinion.

tomos:
^I'll look up the details wraith. I'll put the post above in spoilers.

I'm sorry for using that word - I'm sorry to the Dopus developers, and sorry to you all here if I'm muddying the relationship(s).

To the developers, I wish to point out that I am a fan of dopus - and have made many positive posts here about it and many posts helping others with it's use. Obviously that doesnt excuse me if I make an incorrect statement. How I feel in response to something is obviously just how it is - but (obviously again) it's not a helpful approach to a complaint to express it thus.

Josh:
In my opinion, if we are posting incorrect information, I more than welcome them to come forward and correct it. However, I am still standing by my conviction in that I purchased back in April of last year and now have to pay again, LESS THAN A YEAR LATER, for the next major revision. 45 dollars for an upgrade to a product I just paid 80 dollars for just shy of a year ago rubs me the wrong way.

That said, I am now looking at total commander.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version