ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (2/27) > >>

Josh:
WOW!!! A whole three month period for "free upgrades". Gee, I should just whip out my wallet and plop down another 45 dollars into a product I have already invested 80 bucks into just shy of a year ago. </sarcasm>
-Josh (March 04, 2014, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, the new major versions aren't released that often, and there are alot of updates (and beta's) inbetween.

Dec 2007 I bought DO 9 (it was AUD 64 at the time, pro/light didn't exist).
Apr 2011 I upgraded to DO 10 (pro/light was introduced in the later years, everyone that had already purchased got Pro).
Mar 2014 I upgraded to DO 11 Pro.
-myarmor (March 04, 2014, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I understand that major releases do not occur often. That said, the typical period of upgrades between major revisions in the software industry is within the last year. A whopping three months for a free upgrade to V11 leaves me with a very sour taste in my mouth given that I was not privy to many of those "updates" since DO10 was put out.

tomos:
Well, the new major versions aren't released that often, and there are alot of updates (and beta's) inbetween.
-myarmor (March 04, 2014, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that's a very good point myarmor,
but:
the few months (as Josh describes) still just does not lead to good feelings that one likes to have about one of their favourite software.

Spoiler I removed the rest of this post - I was bitching about something related to upgrade pricing which appears to be untrue.

tomos:
... well, can I finally shrinken the giant DO toolbars in v11?
-Tuxman (March 04, 2014, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

:huh: ?!
Toolbars are totally customisable, and have been since at least version 8

or were you using the beta and unable to customise the toolbars in that?

Tuxman:
I never saw a screenshot without giant "menu" toolbars...  :huh:

tomos:
^here's my current setup in v.10 with the panels 'spliced' out.

Directory Opus 11 Released!

I could remove icons from buttons to reduce height more, but dont think it's worth it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version