ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

(1/27) > >>

Innuendo:
Directory Opus 11 is finally out of beta!

The following is from the Directory Opus blog:

Upgrades and licensing:

Buy a new license (new customers)
    Upgrade an existing license (existing customers)
    Get a free 60-day evaluation license (available to everyone to test-drive the new version)

Registered Directory Opus 10 users can upgrade from as little as $50 AUD (~$45 USD, £27, €33).
    If you bought Opus after 1st December 2013 then the update is completely free!
    Users of older versions still qualify for discounted upgrades - visit the Upgrade page for a personalised quotation.
    An extra discount will be given to Opus 10 users who were part of the public beta testing program - thank you all for your participation!

Just some of the highlights of Directory Opus 11 are:

The new scripting interface allows custom commands and scripts written in VBScript, JScript, etc to infinitely extend Opus
    Toolbars can be saved in layouts and styles - different Listers can now use different toolbars
    Toolbars can turn on or off automatically in specific folders or view modes
    Enhanced hotkeys allow for multi-key sequences and multiple different keys for the same function
    Dynamic toolbar button icons and highlighting allow you more control over your toolbar appearance
    The new File Display Toolbar replaces the main Location toolbar, saving vertical space in the Lister
    The new Jobs Bar lets you see and manage all file operations from one central location
    Hide progress indicators by default, and remove them from the taskbar and Alt+Tab list to avoid interruptions to your workflow
    New Details + Thumbnails mode combines the best of both modes
    New "ghost" crumbs in the Breadcrumbs location field let you see where you have been as well as where you are now
    Dual status bars let you see file and selection statistics for both file displays at once
    Improvements to the Find-as-you-type field include search highlighting and command history
    New options for the Folder Tree including root-level spacing and Favorites branch at the top of the tree as in Explorer
    Integrated support for Windows 8.1 SkyDrive (OneDrive)
    Much, much more!

For a detailed list of changes, please see the What's New page.

tomos:
It does look good - I'd probably upgrade for the interface improvments alone.

SpoilerI made a complaint here about the upgrade price being reduced to 10% reduction after a few months (with the last upgrade). Dopus developers have taken offence [1] to the way it was expressed and [2] say it isnt true. Because of that I'm removing it. I am sorry about the way it was expressed, and tbh, I'm sorry I wrote/posted it at all - see also reply #18 below. Re the details - maybe they were wrong, I honestly thought they were correct as I remembered.

Josh:
WOW!!! A whole three month period for "free upgrades". Gee, I should just whip out my wallet and plop down another 45 dollars into a product I have already invested 80 bucks into just shy of a year ago. </sarcasm>

myarmor:
WOW!!! A whole three month period for "free upgrades". Gee, I should just whip out my wallet and plop down another 45 dollars into a product I have already invested 80 bucks into just shy of a year ago. </sarcasm>
-Josh (March 04, 2014, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, the new major versions aren't released that often, and there are alot of updates (and beta's) inbetween.

Dec 2007 I bought DO 9 (it was AUD 64 at the time, pro/light didn't exist).
Apr 2011 I upgraded to DO 10 (pro/light was introduced in the later years, everyone that had already purchased got Pro).
Mar 2014 I upgraded to DO 11 Pro.

Tuxman:
For a detailed list of changes, please see the What's New page.
-Innuendo (March 03, 2014, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

"This content is not shown because JavaScript is disabled"  :mad: ... well, can I finally shrinken the giant DO toolbars in v11?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version