ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (21/27) > >>

Innuendo:
No, I haven't had that experience. Check this thread for troubleshooting tips:

http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1873

4wd:
In the past, when I'd download a file with Firefox, the downloaded file would show up immediately in the download folder when open in Dopus. With v. 11 however I thought something was wrong because I was looking all over the place in the folder for the latest downloaded file and couldn't find it. It was only after some considerable time that the file eventually showed up.

Has anyone else had that experience?-dr_andus (December 14, 2014, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but it's always been some retarded AV that was the cause - the download would sit in Firefox/Pale Moon/etc at %100 for up to 15 seconds before the AV program would finally decide it's OK.

It's why I always try to use an AV where I can set at what point a file gets scanned, and writing it isn't one of them.

dr_andus:
No, I haven't had that experience. Check this thread for troubleshooting tips:

http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1873
-Innuendo (December 14, 2014, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, will do.

In the past, when I'd download a file with Firefox, the downloaded file would show up immediately in the download folder when open in Dopus. With v. 11 however I thought something was wrong because I was looking all over the place in the folder for the latest downloaded file and couldn't find it. It was only after some considerable time that the file eventually showed up.

Has anyone else had that experience?-dr_andus (December 14, 2014, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but it's always been some retarded AV that was the cause - the download would sit in Firefox/Pale Moon/etc at %100 for up to 15 seconds before the AV program would finally decide it's OK.

It's why I always try to use an AV where I can set at what point a file gets scanned, and writing it isn't one of them.
-4wd (December 14, 2014, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

This could be part of it. But even launching Dopus 11 seems to take longer than Dopus 10 did. Maybe it is AVG messing things up in the background (recently switched from Avast).

dr_andus:
A variation on the problem is that I have deleted a file from a folder but it was still there. When some 15 sec later I wanted to delete it again, it would give me an error message (i.e. it was already deleted but it wasn't cleared from view). I had to navigate to another folder and then back to "refresh" the folder and get rid of the 'nonexistent' file.

wraith808:
A variation on the problem is that I have deleted a file from a folder but it was still there. When some 15 sec later I wanted to delete it again, it would give me an error message (i.e. it was already deleted but it wasn't cleared from view). I had to navigate to another folder and then back to "refresh" the folder and get rid of the 'nonexistent' file.
-dr_andus (December 15, 2014, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are persuading me to stick with 9 LOL :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version