ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

unattended large file copies that will not prompt for msg

(1/3) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi,

When you try to use the file managers, Total Commander, Free Commander, Xplorer2, Xyplorer to do large moves or copies (say from one tape backup to another) it is very hard to get a true "unattended" mode.  You keep hitting hidden files, +or write-protected, or overly long file names, or UAC stuff, and although some items get a "skip all" you never can quite get unattended. And each program glitches out different and has totally different speeds.

In this mode, you just want:

"move as much as you can, I'll worry about the leftover later"

Maybe some of the file copy/synchronizer tools have this right?  Your recommendations?

Steven

eleman:
Supercopier can be configured to have defaults as you need.
So should be Teracopy, but I didn't try the second one.

x16wda:
Supercopier can be configured to have defaults as you need.
So should be Teracopy, but I didn't try the second one.
-eleman (March 03, 2014, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
I used Supercopier 2b for years and appreciated that feature. I think version 3 is the one to get, and it works fine in Win 8 64-bit and older. Someone new took it over in version 4, and is merging it into UltraCopier I think; I believe the licensing changed as well as the interface.

AbteriX:
http://www.ghisler.com/history850.txt

19.02.14 Release Total Commander 8.50 final (32/64)
10.03.13 Added: F5 copy: First copy all files where the user doesn't need to be asked and skip all with errors, ask at the end (32/64)

4wd:
Directory Opus 10:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version