ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Netflix Mocks Amazon's Drone Delivery with Video!

(1/4) > >>

J-Mac:
Netflix published (I think!) a video that mocks Amazon's recent drone delivery promotion with a You Tube video titled "Netflix Drone2Home". Hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucz3JpvDQjk

Jim

40hz:
Can't wait to see the comeback where Netflix gets ridiculed for voluntarily paying off Comcast for what amounts to a network shortcut to stream Netflix to Comcast customers. (This even though Comcast denies it ever throttled Netflix - and furthermore, insists this deal doesn't get Netflix any preferential treatment from them. Yeah right! :/) )

wraith808:
Can't wait to see the comeback where Netflix gets ridiculed for voluntarily paying off Comcast for what amounts to a network shortcut to stream Netflix to Comcast customers. (This even though Comcast denies it ever throttled Netflix - and furthermore, insists this deal doesn't get Netflix any preferential treatment from them. Yeah right! :/) )
-40hz (February 26, 2014, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: +1!  Again a zinger from 40hz... and not a picture in sight! :P

Vurbal:
-40hz (February 26, 2014, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure voluntarily is entirely accurate considering Comcast had a lot more leverage. On one hand I'm sure Comcast's customers knew exactly who was to blame for the problems. OTOH there's not a damn thing they (or Netflix) can do about it. The government is firmly on Comcast's side, a handful of vocal but impotent individuals aside.

At the same time I still think it was a mistake which will result in little or no short term gain and put them on the wrong (and losing) side of the net neutrality war when the cable television industry goes down in flames in a few years. This will give them the sort of competitive advantage that sucks the ability to compete right out of a company.

Of course there's plenty of short sightedness to go around in the online video market. I think Google made an even bigger mistake when they sold off Motorola Mobility's set-top box business. For just a couple billion dollars they gave up access to half the cable customers in the US.

wraith808:
The government is firmly on Comcast's side, a handful of vocal but impotent individuals aside.
-Vurbal (February 26, 2014, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

This.  +1000

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version