ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

REQ: HTPC Util - Hide Desktop for x seconds while program is being executed.

<< < (4/5) > >>

4wd:
You can use cmdow with the /HID parameter to run it without the CLI appearing.

I'll have a look at it but I'm currently overseas with just a netbook so don't expect anything too soon.

famewolf:
Thanks!  Anything quicker than 6 months beats my response time. ;)

4wd:
Thanks!  Anything quicker than 6 months beats my response time. ;)-famewolf (September 21, 2014, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I guess I didn't make it before the six months time limit ... I added the option to wait for the called program to exit then completely forgot about posting it  :-[

Oh well, happens when you get older  ;D

Try this version, there's an option added to the .ini file called Wait, set it to True or False depending on whether you want to have BlankIt wait for the process it calls to exit, before exiting itself.

Attachment removed.

famewolf:
Thanks..I've grabbed it and will give it a try but if I understand you right it's an all or nothing setting?  Why not let a /wait parm or something be added so the user could have one application wait while another does not?   It will certainly do the trick in my case but might be an issue for others.

famewolf:
Well I tried it "this morning" as it's 4am here.   It's not waiting the 10 seconds......it's flashing the "Loading MCE.... very briefly and I want to say it's showing the desktop both before and afterward before Media Center loads...it all happens pretty fast (I just switched to an ssd which resolved this issue somewhat) but I'm certain there is a flash of desktop AFTER the Loading MCE...just not positive about the Before.  Here's the 7MC.ini I'm using.....I get the same result when just running "Blankit.exe 7MC.ini" from the command line.

[Settings]
Program="c:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe"
Timeout=10
Colour=000000
Text=Loading MCE...
Wait=True

The good news it does load Media center and media center stays running and does what it should but it's not actually doing it's assigned goal of keeping the screen/text up during the transition.  It might work for passing subliminal messages though. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version