ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows moving around after monitors wake up

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
Thanks for all of the suggestions, folks.

To narrow down the causes, I have replaced the one displayport connection with a DVI, so now they are all on DVI (a note to myself about the importance of using DUAL-LINK DVI cable here.

I will report on whether this fixes the problem.

To answer some of the questions above:
My screensaver doesn't change resolution.
I am using UltraMon to manager multi-monitor taskbars.
No login screen on wake.

Josh:
Mouser, when you remote into the system, is the host system you are remoting in from setup with a lower screen resolution? If so, that will affect your icon placement when you remote in.

mouser:
its not icon placement that's the issue (i dont have any icons on my desktop); i also use a 3rd party remote access tool (Radmin) that doesnt do any resolution changing, so that's not it -- and i never had this trouble with the same arrangement on winxp.  however the graphics card and monitor have changed and the use of displayport is new.

i suspect it might be what someone else suggested, one of my monitors not waking up fast enough (or too fast), confusing the system.  maybe displayport is affecting this as well.  we shall soon know because i just swapped out the displayport connector for dvi.

Fishous:
Have you tried running without Ultramon?

mouser:
If displayport proves to not be the culprit, i'll move to ultramon next -- but i've always used ultramon and it's never done such a thing before so i don't suspect it as highly as i suspect displayport.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version