Total Commander 8.50 final is released!
It can be downloaded from www.ghisler.com
As usual the update is still free for all registered users.
What's new? There are many new functions this time. The most important are:
- F5 copy: First copy all files where the user doesn't need to be asked and skip all with errors, ask at the end
- F5 copy: Option to verify files after copying them.
- F5 copy: Option to keep paths relative to current folder while in branch view (Ctrl+B)
- Select and copy related files, e.g. *.jpg > crw*.cr2 selects/copies raw files only if there is a related .jpg file
- F8 Delete: Only warn at the end if folders couldn't be deleted
- F8 Delete: Always use new delete method when VistaDelete isn't set in wincmd.ini, but show our own delete confirmation dialog if the system dialog is disabled
- Support unpacking of more archive formats: 7zip, new RAR5 format, as well as -lh6- and -lh7- (LHA)
- RAR with encrypted file names: Show archive content after entering password
- Pack/unpack files: Option to remember last entered password until TC is minimized, Windows goes to standby, or the screen saver starts
- Alt+F5 pack: New option to leave out the names of the selected folders when packing each folder to a separate archive
- New wincmd.ini options CopyLinks and IgnoreLinks to handle file system links
- FTP/file system plugins: When editing a file with F4, the file will automatically be re-uploaded when saved in the edfitor. No need to close the editor any more. Change via Edit/View options.
- Support for touch screen devices: Tap on icons to select files (configurable), long tap to open context menu
- Support for high resolution screens (high DPI)
- Drive drop-down list (Alt+F1/Alt+F2): Show links to "My Computer" and "My Documents" Configurable via. ShowExtraDrives in wincmd.ini
- Drive drop-down list (Alt+F1/Alt+F2): Open context menu directly in the list without choosing a drive first
- Show exclamation mark to the left of some options as a warning, e.g. that files may not go where the user expects them to go, like during copying from branch view, or when packing and unpacking
- Show file size and last modified time also in virtual folders like connected MTP devices like Android phones/tablets
- Button bar: Support multiple internal and/or user-defined commands on a single button e.g. cm_SelectAll,cm_Copy
- Progress dialog: Show number of files/bytes in more functions. Switch to files/bytes remaining by clicking on the numbers
- Show thumbnails in virtual folders like libraries
- Option to remember position of background transfer manager in system menu (click on top-left icon)
- Improved background copy dialog: Show number of copied and selected files and bytes, add button "Foreground"
- Search for text supports any combination of ANSI, ASCII, UTF-16, UTF-8 Unicode and office XML/EPUB at the same time
- Skip a folder by clicking on its name in the status line (with confirmation). Also allows to just pause the search
- Open in separate process via Alt+Shift+F7, so TC can still be used during the search
- "Feed to listbox" also when searching in archives, on FTP servers and file system plugins
- Search for duplicate files: Search by plugin fields, e.g. name parts, file extension etc.
- Search for duplicate files, Feed to listbox: New dialog box to select files inside the groups of duplicates, e.g. by newest, oldest etc.
- Compare by content: "Resync comparison from here" now also works after editing the files
- Create/Verify CRC checksums: Also support SHA256 and SHA512 formats
- Show hidden/system files now split into separate options for hidden and system
- Option to get more items in various history lists, set via wincmd.ini: HistoryLen for directory history, OldCmdLineCount for command line. MaxItemsInComboBox for comboboxes in F7 New Folder, Alt+F7 Search, Num+ select files etc.
- Lister, right click menu: Directly search for selected text via Google in default browser (configurable)
A list of additions and corrections, also for previous versions, can be found in the history file