ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the Heck is Happening to Windows? Article on Windows 8 Disaster

<< < (4/15) > >>

40hz:
That's my path.
-TaoPhoenix (February 16, 2014, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Tao - you could just save time and load Win7 today and be done with it.

Seriously, how much more does anybody really need an OS to do that isn't already being handled (quite well) by Windows 7. Or Linux Mint 16 too for that matter - if you don't need specific Windows apps.

Mint is my goto productivity environment. And I also keep a Win 7 environment for those times when my own needs dictate it must be used. That's my current path. Get something that works today - that will still be supported for the reasonably foreseeable future - and not waste time trying to second guess what Microsoft will eventually do. First, because the thrill is gone. And secondly, because that way madness lies.

And I have dreams to bring into existence ere I sleep! ;D

;) 8)

Stoic Joker:
I've always rather liked Paul Thurrott, I'm not an avid reader...but I do like his style of presenting the new features list. As far as his "inaccuracies" *Shrug* I tend to assume that anyone in the press is completely full of shit and form my opinion on an average of everybody's input...and then weigh it against my own experience.

From a consumer perception stand point, Windows 8 is truly an epic class train wreck. I've seen people's reactions first hand. The expression of horror on their faces - as if I was using a shrunken dead baby head for a key fob - when I pull out a Windows phone. Or while spec'ing a new machine inquire as to what OS (8?)they would like to use.

I actually did worry a bit, but didn't hesitate to flatten Win7 and install Win8 on the new workstation I just got here at the office. I'm also not having any trouble using it. There are a few things that aren't where I expect/remember them to be, but search works just fine.

rgdot:
Look at it this way. Think Android phones but for Windows .... Desktop is rooted and metro is stock  :P

Josh:
I...My wife and I must stand alone as two people who thoroughly enjoys Windows 8.1...

Curt:
... no one I know uses Win8.  My wife has never asked me if she should move to Win8.  No one in my office is using Win8.  No one has told me  that to solve a problem I'm having, I should move to Win8.x. There's just no compelling reason to move. ...-mwb1100 (February 16, 2014, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

^well spoken. I have the Win 8 Pro installer & key, but am running Win 7, because I was not really given any reason to upgrade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version