ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ScreenShot Captor is a Mess

<< < (3/6) > >>

mouser:
SC has a feature that will remove those, and it is enabled by default when you use Alt+PrtScr to capture the active window.

You should should see the screen flash black and white while it captures that window, and it should remove them.

(that's assuming you haven't changed any options related to window transparency capture).

Are you capturing that window using Alt+PrtScr?

IainB:
mouser and tomos:
You're far too gracious. Just ban this rude, profane, semi-literate ("re-leaves stress") person from the forum.
-longrun (February 13, 2014, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hahaha, very droll.
If you placed a ban on people who were sometimes "rude" or "profane" or "semi-literate" you might risk banning most of the members of this forum - including myself. Who amongst us, I wonder, can claim to have never been "rude" or "profane" or "semi-literate", either deliberately or inadvertently - i.e., without realising it?

Sure, tick them off for it, maybe - especially if they are serial offenders or don't seem to realise/care what their behaviours are - but, if they self-correct or apologise - as @PhoneyVirus seems to have done (above) - then fine. We're only fallible humans, after all.
A lot of people who use this forum probably do so because either they:
(a) require help/assistance on some matter, or
(b) have already received (a) and wish to return the favour and leave tracks to some useful/helpful knowledge gained.

Some time back I mulled over the idea of banning irrational people who (say) strung out or repeated 3 or more logical fallacies in a set of statements, but then I realised that to be irrational is human, and that (as E. De Bono put it) critical-rational thinking is a skill that we need to learn - for example, like learning to touch-type. Many of us are "two-fingered thinkers", as De Bono said.
So I dropped the idea of banning irrational people, as I realised that the people who (say) strung out or repeated 3 or more logical fallacies in a set of statements were arguably those most in need of help, and banning them was unlikely to help them to further evolve/develop their potential for critical-rational thinking skills. The best thing you could do seemed to be to simply and clearly point out the logical fallacies, as objectively as possible, and let the individual take from that the responsibility for doing some incremental work in the self-development department. As the old saying goes, "You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

When it comes to rants though , the idea of using delimiters for the rant seems quite useful - that is [RANT]...[/RANT] - as it also demonstrates that the writer acknowledges that they are ranting and wants to communicate that so there can be little misunderstanding.

longrun:

If you placed a ban on people who were sometimes "rude" or "profane" or "semi-literate" you might risk banning most of the members of this forum - including myself.
-IainB (February 13, 2014, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I strongly disagree. If this were true I would have left DC a long time ago. DC is notable for its civility and sense of community. And if you, IainB, were inadvertently rude I would be a lot more forgiving because you've supported DC not only financially but with your extremely good software reviews.

IainB:
@longrun: I think I understand what you are saying there, but, as you quoted, please note that I did use the word "sometimes".
I was not speaking about people who were always like that. That would be a different kettle of fish.

mouser:
Thank you for sticking up for the site, longrun -- it is appreciated.  But let's remember that sometimes the best way to promote civility is to demonstrate it even in the face of a challenge.  I think it is better for us to be a good example, and it costs us nothing to offer people the benefit of the doubt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version