ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Photos that spontaneously change

<< < (8/9) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
If I look at the photo the next day, or after few hours, or sometimes after few minutes, the photo is reddish again. Photoshop again, another decreasing of the color red.
All that repeats itself for several times. I would say the correction must be repeated roughly for four-five times.
At last, after several corrections, the photo reaches its final stable state.
-Giampy (March 19, 2014, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Giampy,
It's one thing to wonder if you are going crazy over several weeks, but if it's down to several times a day, try this:

Take a screen shot of photos when they misbehave once. Then fix it and screen shot that. Then if it misbehaves, screen shot it again. If you can get a set of three - before, fixed, and re-broken, you can post it here and we can look.

The analogy I'm using is that my comp completely refuses to retain some music player file associations, aka it's not the sound card etc.

Giampy:
Another hypothesis is an instability of my Windows with regard to visualization of images. Perhaps a component/file of Windows, directly or indirectly devoted to visualization of images, is partially corrupted. 

I should try the command SFC.

TaoPhoenix:
Another hypothesis is an instability of my Windows with regard to visualization of images. Perhaps a component/file of Windows, directly or indirectly devoted to visualization of images, is partially corrupted. 

I should try the command SFC.
-Giampy (March 19, 2014, 07:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, your idea tags with mine. We'll crack it somehow!

4wd:
Yes/No questions:

1) Have you tried another monitor?

2) Does it only affect the images you have modified?

3) Does it only affect images that are stored on your computer?
     If you answered YES to question (3): Does your image program actually save the modifications to the image, (eg. Picassa doesn't unless you tell it) ?
     If you answered NO to question (3):  Are you sure?

4) Have you tried saving the modified image to a different name?
     If you answered YES to question (4): When the change occurred, did you then compare the original image with the modified image using a program, not your eyes, (eg. Beyond Compare, AntiDupl, XnView, etc)?

5) Have you tried saving the modified image to another format, (eg. PNG, TIFF), as well as the original format?
     If you answered YES to question (5): When the change occurs, does the alternate format image exhibit the same change as the original modified format?

6) Have you tried copying an image you have modified to a flash drive, (then remove it from the computer)?
     If you answered YES to question (6): Did you then plug it into another computer and ensure that the image had been modified?
     If you answered YES to question (6): When the change occurs, did the version on the flash drive exhibit the same change?

7) Have you tried making a large modification to an image, (ie. put "This is a modified image" across the middle of it) ?
     If you answered YES to question (7): When the change occurs, did the large modification also disappear?

Giampy:
Yes/No questions:-4wd (March 19, 2014, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) Have you tried another monitor?

Yes, just today. I have seen the same situation of my system: good photos appear good and changed photo appear changed. Therefore my monitor doesn't mislead

2) Does it only affect the images you have modified?

I don't know. I fine-tune all the photos I download

3) ... Does your image program actually save the modifications to the image

Yes, sure

4) Have you tried saving the modified image to a different name?

Yes. Same results

4) If you answered YES to question (4): When the change occurred, did you then compare the original image with the modified image using a program, not your eyes, (eg. Beyond Compare, AntiDupl, XnView, etc)?

No. Spontaneous changes of photos are evident. No need to try other viewers

5) Have you tried saving the modified image to another format, (eg. PNG, TIFF), as well as the original format?

Yes, BMP

5) If you answered YES to question (5): When the change occurs, does the alternate format image exhibit the same change as the original modified format?

Yes, the same change

6) Have you tried copying an image you have modified to a flash drive, (then remove it from the computer)?

Yes, just today

6) If you answered YES to question (6): Did you then plug it into another computer and ensure that the image had been modified?

Yes, just today (see point 1)

I am not able to answer to other questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version