ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone: Choosing between tiny DIY computer kits

<< < (10/12) > >>

4wd:
Did you try the Headless 4.4 No Fastboot version?

wraith808:
-4wd (June 20, 2016, 02:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wanted a GUI. :(  That's the reason I purchased the one with the HDMI DIP.

4wd:
-4wd (June 20, 2016, 02:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wanted a GUI. :(  That's the reason I purchased the one with the HDMI DIP.-wraith808 (June 20, 2016, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I meant just as a test to see if it would flash at all, it still has DIP support  :)
If it works you can always install X-windows until you upgrade to Win10 and try reflashing.

Went to do my second C.H.I.P. and I couldn't flash it in the Win 8.1 Pro x86 machine, reinstalled the driver, restarted, just didn't want to do it.

So tried in the Win 10 Pro x64 machine, it didn't want to do it either after driver install.  So restarted, upgraded Chromodo, ran CCleaner to clean out any cache stuff, stopped any other internet transfers, then tried again ... and it worked.

It says that there are options for downloading the OS image so you can flash offline but I must be going blind because I couldn't see any.

wraith808:
I can try that... thanks for the suggestions!

4wd:
A bit of serendipity, clearance item ($129->$8.50), folder with detachable Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard/trackpad for MS Surface Pro came up a few days later.

Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone: Choosing between tiny DIY computer kits

Kind of cleaned out the shop  :-[

ADDENDUM: OK, running the C.H.I.P. with the Bluetooth keyboard works well, no shut downs so far.
A few figures measured on a USB voltage/current meter:
Current drawn at boot to GUI is a maximum of 540mA.
Current drawn when loading the browser is ~570mA.
Idling at around 320mA as I type this with the keyboard.
6 tabs open caused a spike of ~580mA when it was loading the contents of one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version