ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Programmers: What size monitors do you guys prefer?

<< < (4/10) > >>

Innuendo:
Anyone use a rotated monitor in portrait mode for coding?
-mouser (February 04, 2014, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've heard that if you take a 27" monitor in landscape and flank it with 2 24" monitors in portrait mode the bezels line up near perfectly. :)

Always glad to help you spend money, mouser!

mouser:
I can report that a widescreen 27" monitor in portrait mode is a wild experience -- but unfortunately just too tall to be usable -- the vertical neck strain would put you in the hospital after a day.

It's *REALLY* a shame that widescreen monitors seem to be the only format being made these days -- I find it distinctly unhelpful.  27" widescreen is just too wide.  a square shaped 27" diagonal monitor would be great.

Innuendo:
It's *REALLY* a shame that widescreen monitors seem to be the only format being made these days -- I find it distinctly unhelpful.  27" widescreen is just too wide.  a square shaped 27" diagonal monitor would be great.-mouser (February 08, 2014, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can minimize the problem by getting a 16:10 monitor rather than a 16:9 one, but 16:10 monitors are becoming more rare than hens' teeth.

zenzai:
I'm using 27" monitors for everything, and wouldn't want anything smaller. Have two side by side and that works fine for me.

Deozaan:
My current monitor is a 26 or 27 inch 16:10 (1920x1200) monitor. I really like the 16:10 aspect ratio, but it seems to have pretty much gone the way of the dodo shortly after I ordered this thing a few years ago.

I've been wanting to get a second monitor for a few years since my last one died, because I feel there's just not quite enough space for coding efficiently on this monitor. It's nice to be able to see a lot of code, and also see a lot of info in a web browser or chat room at the same time, for reference or questions, etc.

I finally saved up enough money to buy a second monitor, and after looking at my options, I decided to spend a little extra and order a new 39-inch Seiki SE39UY04 4K (3840x2160) LED TV to use as a monitor, since with that resolution it's basically the same thing as four 1080p monitors in a 2x2 grid.

It should arrive today. I'm pretty excited. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version