ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Taonotes (weird software!)

<< < (2/2)

actitrend:
    And I want to reply to superboyac...

You're right.... TaoNotes is note-taker... and TaoNotes is doto manager too!... I can say more it's perfect bookmark manager also.... more over it can be used as outliner-document tool for writer -> it produces nice rich-formatted output on the basis of outline provided...

But comparison with EccoPro is incorrect a bit.... EP is full-featured PIM... it has contacts and calendar..... TaoNotes does not..... They only planed in the future versions...

You called it "weird".... the main reason of misunderstanding here.... is the absence of good manual I think..... if you could have a good manual you have a chance to understand it's power and strengths....

Vadim, the author

>I went on the forums and it seems like it's some kind of notetaking application, but not really.  I see an outliner and a notes section in the software, but it really doesn't function like a notetaking software.  And it's comapred to MyLife Organized, which I reviewed here in another thread, so I guess that means that Taonotes is also used to create an interactive ToDO list.  I see how that works in the program, because you can check and uncheck things as being completed.

mouser:
first of all,
actitrend/vadim - welcome to the site! glad to have you here and participating in the discussion  :Thmbsup:

second of all, any program that can be called weird, by my way of thinking, is a good thing :)  99% of the software in this world is just plain bad and boring. so when someone calls your software weird, to me i say bravo   :P

it's very hard to balance writing a program that works according to what people are used to and then trying to do something new.  and of course everyone has different tastes.. 

so like i said, welcome to the discussion and i hope you stay around join in, especially in the note taking discussion thread,
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2362.

superboyac:
Yes, Vadim, welcome to the site.  I can see why your program works differently if you are trying to capture the Ecco feel.  I know a lot of people really loved that software and would like to see a replacement for it.

I never used Ecco, so I never got used to it, so that's probably why your Taonotes feels quirky to me.  But, innovation is always important and you never know who will catch on.  I'll keep tinkering with Taonotes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version