ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Group two windows so they get focus together. Possible?

<< < (5/8) > >>

cshnik:
But yes, it does feel like a beta still. I ran into a number of bugs on a Win7, 64-bit system (although the developer does warn about them). E.g. I couldn't detach Notepad2-mod, once attached. Also, when moved between different monitors (with different resolutions and sizes), the docked windows can get a bit messed up, so need manual rearranging.

I do hope this app will mature soon.
-dr_andus (February 01, 2014, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
How about the latest version of TaskSpace? I really need your opinion...

dr_andus:
But yes, it does feel like a beta still. I ran into a number of bugs on a Win7, 64-bit system (although the developer does warn about them). E.g. I couldn't detach Notepad2-mod, once attached. Also, when moved between different monitors (with different resolutions and sizes), the docked windows can get a bit messed up, so need manual rearranging.

I do hope this app will mature soon.
--- End quote ---
How about the latest version of TaskSpace? I really need your opinion...
-cshnik (July 07, 2014, 02:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm using the x64 version of TaskSpace v0.1.5.3, and all the problems I was referring to have been resolved. I'm impressed with the speed of development and the improvements. Many thanks, cshnik, if you're the developer!  :Thmbsup:

P.S. Please note that I've only been using TaskSpace in conjunction with ConnectedText v.6, as it solves several problems for me with that particular application (it allows me to organise CT's floating windows into a single space, e.g. a 2x3 grid, so they can be moved around from one monitor to another together, rather than one by one, with the added benefit that they get "detached" from CT, which otherwise would force these windows to come into the foreground, every time the main CT window is in focus).

dr_andus:
P.P.S. Having said that, I wish it was a bit more straightforward to move around windows more freely in TS when "auto-size" is off for a window (or all windows). At the moment it doesn't seem possible, I don't know if that's a bug.

I'd also also like an option to turn off "auto-size" for all windows simultaneously, so it doesn't have to be done one by one for 9 windows, let's say. Same could be said about detaching windows from TS (a "detach all" option would be handy).

Cheers!

cshnik:
A new version of TaskSpace was just released. Now it became much more handy. You should taste it!

dr_andus:
A couple of months ago, after an update, TaskSpace stopped worked properly with ConnectedText's floating windows, and so I stopped using it. But just a few days ago I got frustrated again with not being able to organise my floating windows across 3 monitors and contacted the TaskSpace developer about it. I should have done that in the first place, as he sorted my issue within a matter of hours and I'm a happy bunny again. TS seems to have come a long way since the OP, so here is a mini review/overview of things that have changed:

Dragging windows into it doesn't capture them...
-urlwolf (January 28, 2014, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are now a few very handy shortcuts, including "move current window to last active TaskSpace" (CTRL+SHIFT+M), so there is no need to drag and drop even (especially useful if the TaskSpace window is on another monitor).

EDIT: bah, it doesn't group then in the sense that they mini/maximize together.
-urlwolf (January 28, 2014, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

TS can do that now. Another related option that has been added is "Always on top" or "Normal".

Looks like it only works on 32 bit win 7 :(
-urlwolf (January 28, 2014, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is now a Win7 64 -bit version as well.

Maybe that's the reason it's free  :-\
-wraith808 (January 28, 2014, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

It has moved to a freemium model.

when moved between different monitors (with different resolutions and sizes), the docked windows can get a bit messed up, so need manual rearranging. -dr_andus (February 01, 2014, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's been resolved.

One needs to be pretty careful during installation though not to install all the adware stuff...
--- End quote ---

Looks like that's no longer there, now that it has gone freemium.

There are a few minor issues that the developer is still looking into for me, but overall this is coming together nicely. But I've only been using it with CT, so YMMV. I recommend getting in touch with the developer if you run into any problems, as he's very responsive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version