ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Group two windows so they get focus together. Possible?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Target:
Probably because it parents the window to the taskspace window, and the bot is looking for that window as a top-level window.  But still a pretty cool app- thanks for the info for my needs :)-wraith808 (January 28, 2014, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's what I assumed

I really like the concept, it's something that had been in the back of my mind for a while (there's a fair bit of empty space back there...)

Now I'm going to have to do some further testing and report back

urlwolf:
@Target: I love the concept. I wish I could find out why it doesn't work on my system...

urlwolf:
Looks like it only works on 32 bit win 7 :(

Target:
Looks like it only works on 32 bit win 7 :(-urlwolf (January 28, 2014, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

compatibility mode?

Target:
OK, so I've just done a little bit more testing on this and it's looking less and less attractive.

same scenario (excel, bot, and target app), and this time the bot started, but

* when an excel dialog came up, I couldn't get at it, nor would excel respond in any way
* the bot started, but the run time dialog (basically just 2 buttons) was outside of the app
* the only way I could seemed to be able to get my apps back out of the group was to quit taskspace, but doing that resulted in an excel session without any menu bars
I never got as far as extracting any data as I couldn't control what was going on

could be this might work fine for things like editors or browser windows, though the dialog box issue would be a big question mark for me as I suspect any app might suffer from the same affliction

<sigh>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version