ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

EXPIRED: Perfect Effects 8 Premium Edition *FREE* for a limited time

<< < (3/5) > >>

hamradio:
But the effect(s) won't be perfect if you want to just save it as a jpg, then have to go into another tool to crop/resize...cause it will lose more pixel data in a 2nd wave of compression.-hamradio (February 17, 2014, 10:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Normally you'd save it in a non-lossy format if you're switching between programs, eg. TIFF.
-4wd (February 17, 2014, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed.

IainB:
Well, I downloaded it, installed it, and ran it and at startup it failed with an obscure and apparently random error number - different every time.
So I repeated after a second download. Same result.
About to give up on it unless anyone can suggest a workaround.

Ah wait, I just found this in the support page:
I am receiving an “Unknown Error – xxx” – the number is different each time.
This error appears immediately after launch and is a different number each time.   Please follow these instructions to resolve this issue 1. Go to: StartControl PanelAdministrative ToolsServices 2. In this window, look for these three services: Windows Event Log, Task Scheduler, and Nalpeiron Licensing Service 3. Make sure all three services Status is listed as “Running” and…

--- End quote ---

EDIT: Fixed it:
...Instead of double clicking on the .exe installer file please RIGHT CLICK and choose RUN AS THE ADMINISTRATOR...

--- End quote ---
Worked a treat. Nice GUI. Will find out if it is of any use to me now...

Stoic Joker:
Would be nice if it at least had some basic resizing/crop in it, but I guess they want to charge you for that with Perfect Photo Suite...

Thats the only downside I see to that program if you want to use it as a standalone effects program.

Note: At least I could not find a resize/crop in it.
-hamradio (February 17, 2014, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed, if its billed as a stand alone application - which it is - then it needs to have the basic staple functions for the file format, and it doesn't get any more basic than resize and crop with images. That's like creating a text editor that doesn't do cut and paste ... I may not even install this thing.

verszipo:
Well, it can be used "stand alone", but it's intended to be used with other programs, for example with Perfect Suite or with Lightroom, so the "basic image manipulations" (like size/crop) are not supposed to be in it, they are supposed to be done by the other program.

I know that for someone who doesn't intend to use it with Perfect Suite or Lightroom it's annoying, but it would also be annoying for me to have a resize in a program that's supposed to be a plugin/extension to Lightroom.

Also, don't forget that Perfect Effects is supposed to be the last step in the photo manipulation workflow, while resize/cut should be one of the first things you do.

Besides, it's free, what more can you ask from it ? :P

Curt:
for some reason I thought this was for gamers, when it was first posted, so I didn't check the post. Well, today I was given my third chance, so I finally read the thread! Thank you, 4wd, Revo reports that I now have 178 programs installed. No, there is not a digit missing...  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version