ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The nightmare of the programmer languages

<< < (6/14) > >>

Contro:
 eliminated for bad composed
 :-*

Contro:
 :P
Remember !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ;D

;D

And remembering the problem I have :

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=37058.msg347445#msg347445

Contro:
Perhaps with the new version from dbase.com i solve my problem with the code page
 :-*

anandcoral:
Yes I remember dBase III Plus, Rick Spence Clipper and many other books along with Mastering VB 6.

I saw the Spanish program screen shot, it is using, most probably Expand or Grep Library type of codes for the drop-box etc.

dbDOS is, most likely, like DosBox which allows to run 16 bit DOS programs in 64 bit Windows OS. I use DosBox to check some of the old applications we made for our clients who wants them in Windows version.

Like I said, no matter what, you can not take a DOS code and make in Windows one. The GUI is huge difference as per the code goes. XBase++, which we use, will compile and make it run in hybrid mode in Windows 64 bit, but is very very costly.

You can wait for dBase.com if they come up with some easy solution.

Regards,

Anand

Contro:
Yes I remember dBase III Plus, Rick Spence Clipper and many other books along with Mastering VB 6.

I saw the Spanish program screen shot, it is using, most probably Expand or Grep Library type of codes for the drop-box etc.

dbDOS is, most likely, like DosBox which allows to run 16 bit DOS programs in 64 bit Windows OS. I use DosBox to check some of the old applications we made for our clients who wants them in Windows version.

Like I said, no matter what, you can not take a DOS code and make in Windows one. The GUI is huge difference as per the code goes. XBase++, which we use, will compile and make it run in hybrid mode in Windows 64 bit, but is very very costly.

You can wait for dBase.com if they come up with some easy solution.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (January 21, 2014, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

But the exe of one of my programs goes well in windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version