topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:38 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FarSubScript : Pixsy  (Read 6047 times)

verszipo

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FarSubScript : Pixsy
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:23 AM »
I played a little with Pixsy.Net and the Chrome browser addon and i thought it would be interesting to add the functionality to FARR.

Pixsy has a strange way of working, when you search for something it doesn't directly redirect the browser, it returns a string containing instructions on what should be done (I suspect it's in JSON format, but i'm not certain).
Usage :
pix <command><space>
or
pix <command><enter>

For example : pix .g wolf will search for "wolf" using "google.com" while pix .y wolf will search for "wolf" using "yahoo.com", look at Pixsy's Syntax for more info.

There are still some bugs in it, the most notable ones are :
- after pressing Enter at the end of the search string FARR looses focus and the editbox from Pixsy page gets the focus

Note : this script requires FarSubScript, make sure you have it installed and working in FARR.

Install :
extract the content of the archive into a subfolder under the Scripts folder of FARR (for example : plugins\Pixsy) and either write "goreload" in FARR (this will reload all plugins) or restart FARR.

If anybody wants to improve the script feel free to do so.

Note : I didn't include the source in this post (you'll have to download the attached ZIP file) because it's quite long.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FarSubScript : Pixsy
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 10:07 PM »
Looks cool, Verszipo, I'll give it a try and report  :Thmbsup: