ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Determine if a window on top is active or not

<< < (2/4) > >>

Contro:
Sorry. The little windows appear at the center of the screen and i can't see.
I usually use this max-max size as appear in the screenshot....
and the little window don't indicate the window on top.
Specially if is minimized.
 :-[

Contro:
How can i indicate that control+win+1 is with the 1 in the numerical keypad ?

IainB:
Just looking in the AHK Help manual, if you wanted to know which window was "active" (on top) at any given point, I think (but I have not tried this) that the AHK command WinGet with the cmd parameter should be able to do it:
ID: Retrieves the unique ID number (HWND/handle) of a window. If there is no matching window, OutputVar is made blank. The functions WinExist() and WinActive() can also be used to retrieve the ID of a window; for example, WinExist("A") is a fast way to get the ID of the active window. To discover the HWND of a control (for use with Post/SendMessage or DllCall), use ControlGet Hwnd or MouseGetPos.

--- End quote ---

Not sure if that is what you want though.

Otherwise, using AHK, you can get a specified window and make it active - bring it to the top - or make it always topmost with a toggle switch.

IainB:
I also recall reading about a free download from somewhere, for a proggy that enabled you to make little screens from different concurrently running programs/videos - and you could resize and drag each little screen to somewhere you wanted and they could all stay on top. Each little screen could display either a minimized full window or a section of a window. Could be useful where you wanted to monitor several things at once.

I'm sorry I didn't make a note of it and can't recall the name of the thing at the moment, but will search it up and see if I can find it.

skwire:
How can i indicate that control+win+1 is with the 1 in the numerical keypad ?-Contro (January 12, 2014, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

C'mon...open up the AHK help file and search for "keylist."

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version