ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting funding discussion regarding JayIsGames.com

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
What makes you think so few JayIsGames visitors are using adblockers?

Admittedly, most people I know don't use them, but they're not the kind of people who would be visiting sites like JayIsGames anyway.

mouser:
I'm just shocked at the idea that so many of the visitors to any site are using adblockers.

40hz:
I'm just shocked at the idea that so many of the visitors to any site are using adblockers.
-mouser (January 12, 2014, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seriously? :huh:

Whenever I install Firefox on a client machine, AdBlock Plus and NoScript are the only extensions I include by default. And my clients are glad to have them.

wraith808:
-mouser (January 12, 2014, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seriously? :huh:

Whenever I install Firefox on a client machine, AdBlock Plus and NoScript are the only extensions I include by default. And my clients are glad to have them.
-40hz (January 12, 2014, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  And I only turn it off if I consciously think of it.  Ads have gotten a bad name, and as such, are on the losing side on most installations.

tomos:
Well,
I enabled adblock on many sites. Unfortunately I have now gotten a popup virus that wanted me to download and install I-know-not-what.
(NewBrowserVersion.org pop-up -- more info here http://malwaretips.com/blogs/newbrowserversion-org-removal/#browser)
I'm not sure even via which site I got it (I had opened a session in Firefox and went through a bunch of tabs to load them) but I reckon I'm probably correct in thinking it came via an ad
:(

Prompted me to finally install malwarebytes at least :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version