ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Community Giveaways

Scrivener at 50% off

<< < (3/5) > >>

peter.s:
"I took it, but gave it back smiley"

Now THIS is interesting stuff!

Would you condescend to comment?

40hz:

I've semi-seriously played with an eval copy of Scrivener (did a quick very-short story in it), and it looked promising. Nice interface and easy on the eyes. I've seen worse writer's software. And there's nothing I found I couldn't live with in Scrivener. It's multi-platform support was also a real big plus for me since I so often straddle operating systems.

BTW - if you're a Linux user, there's a public beta available (with a license that expires December 1, 2014) here. The DEB package installs in Mint 16 like a charm. Appears to be solid - but the usual caveats with any beta apply...

Scrivener at 50% off

"It's an interesting app if it's the sort of app you'd be interested in" to paraphrase Lincoln.  ;) ;D

wraith808:
"I took it, but gave it back smiley"

Now THIS is interesting stuff!

Would you condescend to comment?

-peter.s (March 06, 2014, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting... how?  And what comment are you looking for?  On the product, or on the statement?

Urlwolf had expressed interest in the code, so I marked the giveaway as closed- but then he stated he didn't want to use it so 'gave it back'.  Not really sure from the 'condescend' (patronize?) in the statement towards what you wanted comments. 

It appears that English might not be your native language, so there might just be a misunderstanding of your phrasing?

IainB:
I was a bit late to spot this on the GHacks blog.
Be warned: I was delayed a couple of days as the purchase site was consistently unable to complete the deal - simply would not work using Firefox, or Google Chrome (Canary), or IE11(64-bit), or IE11(x86), even with AdBlock etc. turned off. Their Support site response to my query was to suggest I tried a different browser and  with AdBlock etc. turned off ...    :huh:
Anyway, I finally got it to work today using the Microsoft Edge browser (this is all using Win10-64 Pro).

Scrivener is currently on offer via GHacks at 51% discount + extra 10% if you sign up for GHacks' newsletter - refer Scrivener 1.8.6 for PC
Details:

* Offer is only open for 2 or 3 days more.
* Scrivener v1.8.6 for PC or Mac.
* Price:                                                   US$40.00
* Discounted price after 51% discount:      US$19.50
* Less GHacks promo code 10% discount: -US$1.95
* Net price:                                              US$17.55
Alternatively, if you use this referral link to buy the licence, you will get the 51% discount and I might get $10.00 credit towards my next purchase via GHacks: https://deals.ghacks.net/?rid=2312009

By the way Scrivener Download for Windows is an 83.4MB installer file.

wraith808:
It's 56% off on Cult of Mac right now: https://deals.cultofmac.com/sales/scrivener-2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version