ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cobian Backup

(1/6) > >>

Contro:
I am sad.  :(
I am been using cobian backup for several years.
I have a problem with the program that goes the system slower and associated problems with the last version under windows 7.
Now the forum cobian is closed.
so I need better alternatives to this splendid program that is predicted to finish or take new care in other hands.

Do you know alternatives ?

Best Regards
 :huh:

edited to add a link to this program features :

http://www.cobiansoft.com/cobianbackup.htm

File Based Backup

tomos:
What is Cobian able to do? How do you use it?

IIRC I read somewhere that Cobian recognises when an external/usb drive is added - and recognises *which* drive has been added, and then automatically starts the correct backup. (Am I remembering correctly?)

Curt:
Breaking news: Cobian Backup Source Code is now for sale.
Read more here.
--- End quote ---
Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity) Last modified: 07. March 2013
--- End quote ---
Features

Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).

Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.

Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies". Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
--- End quote ---
See what's new in every version
See the program's FULL history
See the program's evolution
--- End quote ---
http://www.cobiansoft.com/cobianbackup_faq.htm-FAQ
--- End quote ---

Contro:
What is Cobian able to do? How do you use it?

IIRC I read somewhere that Cobian recognises when an external/usb drive is added - and recognises *which* drive has been added, and then automatically starts the correct backup. (Am I remembering correctly?)
-tomos (January 07, 2014, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cobian lives in Sweden and talks spanish. He is from Catalonia and a very good guy. Is all I know. It's a backup program. But not the usual backup program. Is a multi-copy files from one place to another.

Contro:
Breaking news: Cobian Backup Source Code is now for sale.
Read more here.
--- End quote ---
Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity) Last modified: 07. March 2013
--- End quote ---
Features

Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).

Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.

Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies". Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
--- End quote ---
See what's new in every version
See the program's FULL history
See the program's evolution
--- End quote ---
http://www.cobiansoft.com/cobianbackup_faq.htm-FAQ
--- End quote ---
-Curt (January 07, 2014, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use as a service. With the last version I have being noticing ralentizing very much my pc during the copies.
At the first time I thought was only when backup Goldmine (a program i use intensivily), but is ever. By example backing up thunderbird.

It's very annoying at the present moment.

I need an alternative.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version