ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Lan Alarmclock or Timer

<< < (2/2)

mateek:
Gentlemen,
not really my thing, but what about a simple web page? ...  set the page on one pc, and you can reference it ...
-Target (January 06, 2014, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm definitely looking for something that shows up on my two computers, or more when I go out to the courtyard with a notebook, etc, without having to find a webpage.

What about a cheap, physical timer?-skwire (January 06, 2014, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Are you referring to my ex-wife? jk* No clutter space left around here, and I have computers on most of the day.

Isn't the moment you need to take the medicine the most important? ...-Shades (January 06, 2014, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
The time is always different depending on when I eat.

^+1

Naturally, the easiest way would be to have the main computer remote shutdown all the others.

The sound of multiple Windows shutdown tunes would then alert you ...
-4wd (January 06, 2014, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
I only have about seventeen windows computers in the house I could turn on.  Also, the 2-wheeling of my youth has left me with poor hearing. jk* jk*

Deozaan:
This is thinking outside of the box a bit, perhaps, but if you have a smartphone that you carry with you, you can set a timer on it.

On Android you can open up Google Now and click the microphone button (or say "OK Google") and then say "Set timer for 2 hours" and it will sound an alarm ringtone two hours from then.

I imagine that Siri on iOS can do something similar.

rjbull:
I thought the smartphone (or in my case, Palm) would be a sensible way.

Could you use one of the sticky notes programs to send a note to your other computers on a schedule?  E.g. this from Zhorn Software Stickies:
Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:

Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
    Play a sound file on receive
    Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
    Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
--- End quote ---

rjbull:
Or maybe a service like FollowUpThen.  However, I'm wondering whether the important thing is the time delay after a meal, with meals not being taken absolutely to the clock.

mateek:
rjbull, thanks I haven't tried this software in years and it's much improved but doesn't send on schedule or keep as alarm if sent.
...  Could you use one of the sticky notes programs to send a note to your other computers on a schedule?  E.g. this from Zhorn Software Stickies:-rjbull (January 07, 2014, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're right on here:
...  wondering whether the important thing is the time delay after a meal, with meals not being taken absolutely to the clock.  ...-rjbull (January 08, 2014, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version