topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IsoBuster 3.3 available  (Read 2900 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IsoBuster 3.3 available
« on: December 30, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Quote from e-mail from author:
I'm proud to announce the release of IsoBuster 3.3.

FYI: IsoBuster 3.x now packs a lot of new functionality. Especially nice is
the support for Flash drives, USB sticks, Thumbdrives, Compact, SD, MMC,
Micro SD and other type media / memory cards. But there's also support for
Hard Drives, NTFS, ExFAT, XBOX etc.

To see what's new in this version:
http://www.isobuster...er_3.3_release_notes

For people with a 1.x or 2.x license, but no 3.x license yet:
You can STILL upgrade with a nice 30% discount, but you really have to do
it NOW !

If you install IsoBuster 3.3 over an already installed and registered 1.x
or 2.x version, IsoBuster will guide you through the upgrade process. Or
you can check out this page: www.isobuster.com/upgrade.php and choose the
manual upgrade.

From IsoBuster Web site:
The Ultimate data recovery software!
Supporting ALL types of media, including CD/DVD, BD/HD DVD, Hard Drives, SSM, USB flash drives, Zip drives, Jaz drives, floppies etc.

Rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD, DVD or a Blu Ray disc. Recover deleted files from a Hard Drive, Memory card or of from flash media that Windows says needs to be formatted ! Save important documents, precious pictures or video from the family, your only system backup,...

IsoBuster can do it all!

One tool, supporting all formats, for only one very democratic price.

No accumulated cost if you need more than one type media or file system supported. IsoBuster is a highly specialized yet easy to use media data recovery tool. It supports all disc formats and all common file systems. Insert a disc, USB stick or memory card, Start up IsoBuster and select the drive or media (if not selected already) and let IsoBuster mount the media. IsoBuster immediately shows you all the partitions or tracks and sessions located on the media, combined with all file systems that are present. This way you get easy access, just like explorer, to all the files and folders per file system. Instead of being limited to one file system that the OS picks for you, you have access to "the complete picture". Access data from older sessions or hidden partitions, access data that your OS (e.g. Windows) does not see or hides from you etc.

Product only available as a download.
Buy IsoBuster starting at 39.95US$

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IsoBuster 3.3 available
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:33 PM »
I've recently had a couple of SD cards fail on me - to the point where Windows wouldn't even mount them or offer to let me reformat them.

Do you know if IsoBuster has the capability of accessing these devices at a lower level than a Windows mount to be able to try to recover data from them?  By reading the IsoBuster website I suspect that that probably isn't possible; it seems like for flash media the system has to recognize it at least to the point where it'll let you try to format the media.

But if IsoBuster can do this I think I might be interested in trying it out (unfortunately, I've already thrown away the broken media so I can't readily test it).

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: IsoBuster 3.3 available
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:24 PM »
Also refer IsoBuster Pro - Mini-Review of this version.