ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > DonationCoder Projects

DC Homebrew Mini-CMS Discussion

<< < (7/10) > >>

Carol Haynes:
How about having a "Proposed BLOG" section - then any editing can be done by the original poster and a mod/admin by agreement, once it is in final form the initial post can be moved to the live BLOGS area where the initial post is protected and others can post responses.

In the "Proposed BLOG" section there could be a sticky guidance article to get a uniform look and feel.

Suitable posts (by agreement with the author) could be copied to the "Proposed BLOG" section for tweaking etc.

Could you use a static page to point to new BLOGs with the brief extract automatically?

Could this actually be a possible overall solution - use the Forum as the main area for content as well as the forum (hiding areas from forum posts if necessary) and using a few static pages to grab relevant content to point to the appropriate forum pages?

Carol Haynes:
One other thought - is it possible in SMF to apply different templates to some forums - or are there any mods that might do that? That way specific areas could be given their own look?

mouser:
thats an interesting idea carol. there is no way to do that built in, but it probably wouldnt be too hard to modify..

jgpaiva:
I like the [blog][/blog] tag idea. The blogger could make a post on the same thread, with that tag, where he would quote the other post.
Another advantage about this is that the same thread that had the blogged post will also have the blog entry, which makes the comments for both the post and blog entry be at the same place (which i consider fulcral, to avoid having the same information in 2 different places), and also because it'll be easier to see the blog entry when browsing the forum, because it'd be like a regular post.

I also think what you mentioned, mouser, is important, cutting long posts should be done, to avoid having big blog entries.

Another good thing about the [blog] tag is that (i think) it would make it easier to add new bloggers, because it wouldn't imply having to modify posts.

mouser:
im not sure i understand what you are saying jgpaiva;
as i understand the [blog] tag idea it's more like this:

blog entries and articles will be made from posts (you dont need to add the [blog] tags for that).
the only issue is that you could allow people to indicate which parts of their post should be extracted and displayed in the blogs or article intro.  at least that is my idea.

a better term would be [intro] [/intro] which you could use to indicate which short text to use as an intro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version