ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (72/82) > >>

skwire:
Hi, ganymede4, and welcome to the DonationCoder forums.

First is a bit of a bug: sometimes when updating shows (refresh data option), refreshing the view on the weekly tab or adding a new show from search, a random amount of ticks disappear from the list of shows marked as watched. It is usually most of them which is not good as it's thousands of checkboxes. Sometimes it will leave one or two checked per show but it is completely random. It's extremely frustrating.-ganymede4 (April 06, 2017, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you using the beta from this post here:  https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg368839#msg368839

In addition to the new features, I tried to improve the bug you mentioned in that beta, too.

Second is a small feature request: Would it be possible to have an option for the refresh data option to only update shows listed as "continuing". It seems an unnecessary waste of time to check TVDB for cancelled/completed shows whose listing have been static for long periods, particularly for those with a lot of shows in their list.-ganymede4 (April 06, 2017, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you're letting epCheck update the data automatically, it should only update the shows that have changed data (according to TheTVDB).  So, even if a show is "ended", there's still a chance the data may have been edited.  Now, if you go into the Options and choose the "Refresh all series data now" button, it will download each series' data no matter what.

ganymede4:
Hi, ganymede4, and welcome to the DonationCoder forums.-skwire (April 06, 2017, 11:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

Are you using the beta from this post here:  https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg368839#msg368839

In addition to the new features, I tried to improve the bug you mentioned in that beta, too.-skwire (April 06, 2017, 11:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I am using that one, v1.1.5 Build 166 dated 30/01/2015. I apologise, I should have mentioned that in my OP.

The bug doesn't seem to have any consistent vector. I would say it most often occurs when refreshing weekly view only, but I have noticed it when refreshing weekly view after adding a new series from search. In addition, it has occurred after a manual refresh of all data. Is a daily backup of the watched.ini file a valid workaround? It seems the only way for me to save myself thousands of clicks.

If you're letting epCheck update the data automatically, it should only update the shows that have changed data (according to TheTVDB).  So, even if a show is "ended", there's still a chance the data may have been edited.  Now, if you go into the Options and choose the "Refresh all series data now" button, it will download each series' data no matter what.-skwire (April 06, 2017, 11:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I suspected that the auto-refresh I was letting it do (usually every 3 days) was the culprit for the bug so I set it to zero and only ever used the "Refresh all series data now" button, which of course, as you mentioned, pulled down data for the entire database. I didn't realise that the auto-refresh was only pulling data for continuing or recently changed entries. So much for my bright idea feature request! :P I will now use the auto-refresh set at 1 day and see how I go.

Judging by a quick glance at the forums, you are busy here but if you ever do find the time or inclination to squash this bug, I and others would be very appreciative. I love this app and have searched in vain for something similar to no avail. Thank you again for a really handy piece of software.

BGM:
Skwire,

Say, I know this program is a few years old, but I wanted to try it for one single show's series: Star Wars Rebels.

Apparently, the server is no longer available.  Here' my screenshot of the website.

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

wraith808:
Are you sure it's not your connection or something transient?  I tried it for Star Wars Rebels and received the correct results.

Update: I get it.  You don't mean for the series information or anything within the application- you mean the uri when you go to https://www.thetvdb.com/.  The whole site appears to be down, so I don't think he's going to be able to do anything about it.  Perhaps it will come back up, or he might change providers possibly.

Update 2: It seems to be a problem with the site.  There's a thread about it on their forums: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39984&start=20

skwire:
Apparently, the server is no longer available.-BGM (March 03, 2018, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was up as of last week.  However, this isn't the first time this has happened with the site so nothing to do but wait for it to come back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version