topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2014 Release - epCheck  (Read 331620 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2014 Release - epCheck
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2015, 05:41 PM »
Hi, billo255, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Apologies for the late reply.

Just to add another voice to the list regarding "artifacts" I've go them as well.

Are you running XP as well?

A major issue that seems to be intermittent on my version of epCheck (and what prompted me to join this forum today) is the loss of checkmarks after doing a refresh.

Are you running the beta version, by chance?  If not, I made some improvements in the beta that, hopefully, solve the issue:

https://www.donation....msg368839#msg368839

As the post says...back up your data first if you want to try it.  However, if you do, please let me know if the issue still appears.

-Wish List -
1.  Display unwatched back episodes.

I'll add this to my ToDo but I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

2.  Cancelled, Ended, Continuing, Summar - When a show is pulled off the air and I've watched all of the episodes I delete the series from epCheck. Rather than having to scroll through all of the series to see if the status has changed, a tab showing a list of all of the series and the status might be be a useful feature to catch shows that were reportedly being ended but then revived (i.e. Unforgettable and Perception). It might not be 100% effective but would save having to  scroll through all of the series after a refresh to see if anything has changed. (Also, maybe the series name could be color coded to identify its status?  red=ended/ending, green=continuing, orange=on the bubble?)

Colouring the series shouldn't be difficult but I'm not sure how I would determing an on-the-bubble show.  I can only go off the status data in the data files.

At any rate, it'll be several weeks, at least, before I can get back to coding much.  My regular day job is keeping me quite busy at the moment.   :(

Nice job on creating a useful tool for us TV'o'phile's who only want to track our favorite shows.

Thank you for the kind words.  It's been a fun application to write and I'm glad you find it useful. 

billo255

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2015, 11:23 PM »
Hi Skwire,

Hi, billo255, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Apologies for the late reply.
Are you running XP as well?
Are you running the beta version, by chance?  If not, I made some improvements in the beta that, hopefully, solve the issue:

Thank you for responding. I'm running Win 7 Pro. Version of epCheck is 1.5.1 (but I will upgrade to the beta release and let you know if any issues.)

-Wish List -
1.  Display unwatched back episodes.
I'll add this to my ToDo but I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

Okay.

2.  Cancelled, Ended, Continuing, Summary.

Colouring the series shouldn't be difficult but I'm not sure how I would determing an on-the-bubble show.  I can only go off the status data in the data files.

Good point. I went back and looked at the XML on TVRage which I imagine are close to what TVDB is using and nope... no "on the bubble" status...  :-[

At any rate, it'll be several weeks, at least, before I can get back to coding much.  My regular day job is keeping me quite busy at the moment.   :(

Congratulations on having a day job.   :Thmbsup:  (sincerely, and no sarcasm intended).  I'm currently in between "opportunities"...  :)

-Bill

kalvanotherwhen

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2015, 01:53 AM »
Just my 2 cents

Feature Request:
In Series Tab
Please Color code Series Titles by status,
IE Ended/Continuing, or No status result (so three colors.)

Just sounds a little different from the other request. (Some series have no status.)

kalvanotherwhen

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2015, 01:24 AM »
Stops scrolling at 53 down.
2.) When scrolling in Series tab scroll locks/stops cannot continue past Marvels Agents of Shield.
Currently I just reverse alphabetization and continue from other end of alphabet to Marvels Agents of Shield.

So EpCheck Stops scrolling at 53 down for me that is at Marvels Agents of Shield.
EpCheck Version 1.1.5.1  on XP SP3

dallas7

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2015, 01:52 AM »
1.1.5b166 Win7x64

When searching for new shows, sometimes there are numbered episode lists without titles or air dates/time2 or even no listings at all, reflecting the current data as posted on the new shows' respective TheTVDB pages.  (Humans and Supergirl are the most recent examples.)

There's no problem adding those to my epCheck profiles to await updated data refreshes as time goes on.

All else is OK.  Except...

Dennis Leary's new series "Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll" (yes, all one string) is posted up at TheTVDB and lists the first ep on July 18.  Doing an epCheck search finds a multitude of shows about, ahem, cough cough... sex.  But not Leary's.

I'm wondering if there's a problem on TheTVDB's side or if epCheck's search is having an issue with one long string of text with three ampersands glommed in?

Any thoughts?  Cheers.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33 AM »
Dennis Leary's new series "Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll" (yes, all one string) is posted up at TheTVDB and lists the first ep on July 18.  Doing an epCheck search finds a multitude of shows about, ahem, cough cough... sex.  But not Leary's.

I'm wondering if there's a problem on TheTVDB's side or if epCheck's search is having an issue with one long string of text with three ampersands glommed in?

This is due to the fact that the TVDB.com website search and its API search don't return the same results (for whatever reason).  What I mean is that you can search for "Eye Candy" directly on the site and it's listed in the results.  Searching the same string using the proper API doesn't return the show.  Rather frustrating for both of us, eh?  That said, if you're inclined, you can modify the appropriate profile file in your epCheck data folder, and add the show manually as demonstrated in this post:

dallas7

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2015, 03:51 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply!  Not really all that frustrating - it's the first time I experienced a failed search and it was interesting to note some one else did, too.  I've got 72 shows in three profiles and things work just great.

I got stuck on step one in those instructions as one can't add a show if it doesn't show up in the search results for selection thus activating (un-ghosting) the "Add series" button.  I made a nice screen shot of the Search results pane showing that, but... no attachments here.  :(

But I did pick up on how you work it and added the data to the profile txt file having retrieved the ID from the theTVDB Web page.  I also created a folder named for the ID but I'm not sure if that was necessary.

I opened epCheck and the show is now under Series in the profile and it refreshed with the relevant data A-OK.  Pretty slick.

There was a "profile - copy" containing the pre-edit data; easily deleted.

Cheers!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2015, 03:57 PM »
I got stuck on step one in those instructions as one can't add a show if it doesn't show up in the search results for selection thus activating (un-ghosting) the "Add series" button.

Step one was to just add any show as a temporary placeholder to manually edit later.  At any rate, I'm glad you got it working.  In the meantime, I've added a note to my ToDo to come up with some way to add a show via its ID (for situations such as this).

dallas7

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2015, 05:05 PM »
A few months ago, I copied my Windows 7 epCheck folder to a system running in a Windows 10 x64 environment (then Tech Preview and currently RTM) and it's been running A-OK.  So, Windows 10 compatible!  :up:  Just thought I'd post that up as an FYI.  Cheers.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #284 on: September 01, 2015, 03:01 PM »
Thank you for the report.  Much appreciated.  =]

Babbel00

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2015, 04:01 PM »
Nice nifty and for me (who likes to keep track of my series, but is too lazy to click thru tvdb.com) one that came in very handy.
I'm running v1.1.5 build 1 and really dig the Profiles option. For some it will work, because multiple persons will have a different taste, watch different shows and thus need a different profile to keep track of series, for me it works because I'm able to split the list into running series and ended series (and still keep some history).

Small remark tho - not earth shattering or any of the likes - but still something which could be handled more gracefully :
If you have a show with plus 100 episodes a year (e.g. The Daily Show), the moment episode 100 in a season is reached, you start adding a leading zero to the episode display format, but as long as the show is below 100 episodes, you don't. So from S20E99 you jump to S20E0100.
You only do this in the default Series-tab view, but of course also when exporting the show to csv, however you do not in the xml-file you create which holds all data.
In there it just goes from <EpisodeNumber>99</EpisodeNumber> to <EpisodeNumber>100</EpisodeNumber>.
Maybe it's an idea to add an extra episode display format S00E000 so you don't have to have to deal with exceptions like these and have the people set it themselves if they add a show like this ?

I'm in the process of switching to your created XML-files as base for creating the Media-database templates on my Mede8er player, and my own scripts will deal with this issue, so it's no biggie at all ! It's just something I noticed :-)

I'm even really grateful for your well made program (and amazed that AHK actually can do all this.. never considered AHK before for quick-n-handy scripting but now I do!).
I'm not sure if you are bothered that I use the output of your hard work, but when I saw the XML I could hardly resist to use it as input for my scripts : it's consistent and well formed, and barely lacks information I need to construct the images based on a html-template I use on my mede8er.. you even provide the episode picture-filename, thus the path to it as well. Saves me all the lookups and let's me just quick download that picture as well. Now I basically just have to combine it with my local network file structure and boom.. done :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2015, 11:55 AM »
Hi, Babbel00, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :Thmbsup:

Small remark tho - not earth shattering or any of the likes - but still something which could be handled more gracefully :
If you have a show with plus 100 episodes a year (e.g. The Daily Show), the moment episode 100 in a season is reached, you start adding a leading zero to the episode display format, but as long as the show is below 100 episodes, you don't. So from S20E99 you jump to S20E0100.

Sounds like a bug so I'll endeavour to fix it.

I'm in the process of switching to your created XML-files as base for creating the Media-database templates on my Mede8er player
[...]
I'm not sure if you are bothered that I use the output of your hard work, but when I saw the XML I could hardly resist to use it as input for my scripts : it's consistent and well formed, and barely lacks information I need to construct the images based on a html-template I use on my mede8er.. you even provide the episode picture-filename, thus the path to it as well.

Those XML files are actually from the TVDB.com website.  That is, I'm not creating them, just downloading them via their official API.

abazh

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2015, 08:14 AM »
After upgrading to v 1.1.5 build 1 some series names become Russian. How can i make them English again?
2015-10-14_161315.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2015, 08:46 AM »
After upgrading to v 1.1.5 build 1 some series names become Russian. How can i make them English again?

Try this, please:

• Options tab > TV data > Language (set to English)
  • Click the "Refresh all series data now" button
  • Let it finish and then check to see if the issue is fixed

abazh

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Try this, please:

Still in Russian. Nothing changes.

ps
Sorry. After reloading the program everything's ok.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:45 AM by abazh »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2015, 09:42 AM »
Hmmm...very odd but glad to know it's working now.  Just for the record, is your Windows OS a Russian version?  Or, do you have the Russian language pack installed?  Anything like that?

abazh

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2015, 09:48 AM »
Yes. System default is English but second language is Russian.

ziffel66

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2015, 07:14 AM »
Hi Skwire.  thanks for the excellent tool. I've been using it for quite a while now. I was wondering if you plan to update it any further? If so, I have a request.

- the ability to 'refresh all' series at once. Sometimes a series will not be an accurate reflection until it is refreshed.

Either way, thanks a bunch.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2015, 08:13 AM »
Hi Skwire.  thanks for the excellent tool. I've been using it for quite a while now. I was wondering if you plan to update it any further? If so, I have a request.

I'm glad you're finding it useful.  =]

- the ability to 'refresh all' series at once. Sometimes a series will not be an accurate reflection until it is refreshed.

Depending on which version you're using, it could be done one of two ways:

• Options tab > Refresh all series data now button
  • Options tab > TV data section > Refresh all series data now button

Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding your request...

calexicoca

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Long time user, first time poster. SKWIRE first let me thank you for this wonderful little toy I use very often. I ADMIRE your dedication and helpfulness in trying to address all comments and suggestions posted here for sooooo long.  :Thmbsup:

I wonder if it would be difficult to incorporate in one of next update of this little gem ability to export ALL shows to cvs with status and network. I know it is possible to export episodes of particular show but I think it would be really useful if you can do it for all shows in database (with or without corresponding episodes). Also would it be to difficult to have option to export to HTML format. Just asking  :-[

Again thanks again for all your amazing work!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #295 on: November 01, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Long time user, first time poster. SKWIRE first let me thank you for this wonderful little toy I use very often. I ADMIRE your dedication and helpfulness in trying to address all comments and suggestions posted here for sooooo long.  :Thmbsup:

I'm glad you find the program useful and thank you for the kind words.   :)  Welcome to DonationCoder as well.   :Thmbsup:

I wonder if it would be difficult to incorporate in one of next update of this little gem ability to export ALL shows to cvs with status and network. I know it is possible to export episodes of particular show but I think it would be really useful if you can do it for all shows in database (with or without corresponding episodes). Also would it be to difficult to have option to export to HTML format. Just asking  :-[

I've added this to my ToDo list but I just started a new job so my time is pretty limited for the next while.  I'll see what I can do for you.   ;)  BTW, which version of epCheck are you using?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:28 AM by skwire, Reason: Typo »

calexicoca

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #296 on: November 02, 2015, 06:19 AM »

I'm glad you find the program useful and thank you for the kind words.   :)  Welcome to DonationCoder as well.   :Thmbsup:

I've added this to my ToDo list but I just started a new job so my time is pretty limited for the next while.  I see what I can do for you.   ;)  BTW, which version of epCheck are you using?

Thank you for considering it! No rush at all, I know this is a side volunteering project. I am using v.1.15 build 166.

Metaphizx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #297 on: November 27, 2015, 11:44 PM »
Hi Skwire, and forums folk.

Thanks indeed for this great software. I need some help please regarding a new issue I'm having concerning show names. In each of the profile columns, only the profile name appears where individual show names have been shown previously- can you help?

EP01.jpgNANY 2014 Release - epCheckEP02.jpgNANY 2014 Release - epCheckEP03.jpgNANY 2014 Release - epCheck

Edit: Forgot to add I've already tried refreshing ALL series data several times.

UPDATE: Ooops, unbeknownst to me there are two columns and the view had simply shifted across. It was only after I did a fresh install that I noticed any divider. Can these columns be customized at all?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:15 AM by Metaphizx »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Hi, Metaphizx, and welcome to the DonationCoder forums.

UPDATE: Ooops, unbeknownst to me there are two columns and the view had simply shifted across. It was only after I did a fresh install that I noticed any divider. Can these columns be customized at all?

No, they can't.  The program normally tries to keep the series ID cloumn hidden (zero-width) but it looks like the cloumn-width saving got a little mixed up on your install.  If it happens again, make sure that listview has focus and press Ctrl+NumpadPlus.  This auto-justifies all columns in the listview so you can then adjust them as necessary.  Please note that the Ctrl+NumpadPlus hotkey isn't specific to epCheck, i.e., it should work on any standard Win32 listview.

Metaphizx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2015, 07:43 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Skwire, that's handy to know. :Thmbsup: