topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2014 Release - epCheck  (Read 331488 times)

stevebass

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Web search additions
« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2014, 05:46 PM »
Just started playing with epCheck and so farm enjoying it.

Wondering if there's a way you could modify the app to allow users to add a search engine to the Web search feature.

Thanks

--Steve

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2014 Release - epCheck
« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Hi, stevebass, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

Wondering if there's a way you could modify the app to allow users to add a search engine to the Web search feature.

Were you asking for complete user configurability?  Or, did you just want me to add one for you?

mrpeach

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2014, 12:21 PM »
New to epCheck...

Issues:
Really slow startup. Like a full minute.
"There was a problem unzipping the series data"
Shows 3 series, but nothing listed.

Ran as admin:
Same

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2014, 12:31 PM »
Hmmm...I only develop and test on Windows 7.  Which version of epCheck are you running?

mrpeach

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #204 on: October 25, 2014, 01:17 PM »
The latest - just downloaded it today.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #205 on: October 25, 2014, 06:27 PM »
The latest - just downloaded it today.

I fired up my XP virtual machine and epCheck seems to work fine in that.  It launched immediately and I was able to add three sample shows and view the associated episode data.  I really am at a loss for what's happening with your system.  Are you running any sort of antivirus that could be affecting things, perhaps?

msteph

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Jodie, sorry if this issue has been addressed in the previous 8 pages!

Looking at tonight's shows in the Weekly tab and was surprised to see no "Selfie S01E07" (yeah, I'm the one watching it lol).  Checked the Series tab and it is there.   

Had the opposite problem a couple of months ago where a program showed up in the Weekly view but not the Series.

Then, I found and deleted the show's data folder (with epCheck closed), re-opened epCheck, and added it back and both tabs showed it. 

Tried likewise deleting the 'Selfie' folder and re-opened epCheck but the problem persists.  Also tried deleting 'Selfie' from the Series view, closing epCheck, made sure the data folder was gone, re-opened epCheck, added 'Selfie' back but still no Weekly view.

Not a huge issue for this incredibly useful program but maybe you have a suggestion?

Mike S.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2014, 11:06 PM »
Looking at tonight's shows in the Weekly tab and was surprised to see no "Selfie S01E07" (yeah, I'm the one watching it lol).  Checked the Series tab and it is there.
[...]
Not a huge issue for this incredibly useful program but maybe you have a suggestion?

I know exactly what's causing it.  It's a logic error on my part where I assumed a series marked as "Ended" wouldn't have any episodes to air, thereby saving me a date calculation in the code.  Silly me, eh?  :-[  Anyway, this is fixed in my development build which has a boatload of other additions/changes.  Namely, a big monthly view and a totally revamped Options section.  I suppose I could release it as a beta.  So, if you, or anybody, is brave enough, make a copy of your epCheck folder and run the following from there:

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_.zip

Obviously, feedback is welcome.  However, please note that the Monthly view isn't totally complete at this point.  I'm still undecided on a few things regarding it.  Here are some screenshots:

2014-11-11_224404.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck
2014-11-11_224420.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck2014-11-11_224423.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck
2014-11-11_224426.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck2014-11-11_224428.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck
2014-11-11_224431.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck2014-11-11_224433.pngNANY 2014 Release - epCheck
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:55 PM by skwire »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2014, 11:54 PM »
omg, a monthly view! thanks for this major update, skwire! :Thmbsup:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2014, 12:11 AM »
omg, a monthly view! thanks for this major update, skwire! :Thmbsup:

You're welcome.   :)  I think that might set some AHK record for number of listviews visible on a single form.   :P

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2014, 12:36 AM »
You're welcome.   :)  I think that might set some AHK record for number of listviews visible on a single form.   :P

so tiny little listviews come together to make the whole calendar of monthly view? mind-boggling! :D

keithy397

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2014, 02:29 AM »
Hi,  I love the changes!

I got one little problem with the tabbar:-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/keithy397/KEITHSLAPTOP/Pictures/PrintScreen%20Files/ScreenShot11-12-14at0809AM_zps2c7bd8c2.png
NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

Not sure if it's in the build or a problem my end.

Cheers,
Keith
Cheers,
Keith

msteph

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2014, 03:56 AM »
Jody, thanks for the fix!  And the Monthly view is a terrific addition.

Looks like I'm having one problem with the beta - in the Weekly tab, marking new shows as 'viewed' does not stick - closing epCheck and then re-opening finds the shows now unchecked.  

Also it looks like previously checked episodes (from v1.1.5.1) become unchecked if I increase the 'number of past days to show' and those shows then become included in the new Weekly view.

Another odd thing: several shows now have their entire history of checkoffs missing from the Series view; others still show the checks I had previously done.

:)

Mike S.

msteph

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2014, 04:03 AM »
One more:  on the Monthly Options, I can only choose 5 or 6 weeks.  The changelog says "...configurable to show between four and six weeks."

Mike S.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2014, 01:12 PM »
I got one little problem with the tabbar

I've seen this occasionally and is most likely due to the tab control trickery I have to use for the new Options section (to get around an AHK limitation).  Does it do it every time for you?  I've made a minor change in regards to this in the latest beta.  Would you mind downloading and testing again?

Looks like I'm having one problem with the beta - in the Weekly tab, marking new shows as 'viewed' does not stick - closing epCheck and then re-opening finds the shows now unchecked.

Good catch.  This should be fixed in the latest beta above (and now you know why I said backup!).

Also it looks like previously checked episodes (from v1.1.5.1) become unchecked if I increase the 'number of past days to show' and those shows then become included in the new Weekly view.
Another odd thing: several shows now have their entire history of checkoffs missing from the Series view; others still show the checks I had previously done.

I think this might have been related to the bug above.  If it's not too much to ask, would you mind re-testing things?

One more:  on the Monthly Options, I can only choose 5 or 6 weeks.  The changelog says "...configurable to show between four and six weeks."

Doh.  Forgot to change the changelog.  I originally had it configurable between four and six but changed it to five and six.  Basically, if you want to be guaranteed that all the days of every month show, you must choose six.  If you can live with some months being cut short at the end, you can choose five.  It all just depends on which weekday a given month happens to start on.  The only time four rows would have worked is if February started on a Sunday and wasn't a leap year.  Otherwise, I felt four rows routinely cut off too many days at the end of a month (so I took out the four rows option).  Does that make sense?

New beta build: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_.zip

keithy397

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2014, 02:21 PM »
I got one little problem with the tabbar

I've seen this occasionally and is most likely due to the tab control trickery I have to use for the new Options section (to get around an AHK limitation).  Does it do it every time for you?  I've made a minor change in regards to this in the latest beta.  Would you mind downloading and testing again?

eP 115 ß152 still the same unfortunately skwire

Cheers,
Keith

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2014, 02:29 PM »
eP 115 ß152 still the same unfortunately skwire

I'm going to contact you off-forum to try to resolve this.

msteph

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Jody, I'm happy to report that the latest beta has fixed all the issues I mentioned.

:up:

Mike S.

mrpeach

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Hey,
I downloaded your version from yesterday, then did the following:
1) deleted the contents of the data directory
2) ran the program
3) clicked on the search tab
4) clicked on the search box, then entered "grimm", then hit the search button
5) clicked on the correct entry, then clicked 'add series'
6) clicked on series tab
7) empty

Any thoughts?

mrpeach

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Further info...

I went ahead and entered a bunch of series, and I do see them in the monthly view.
In the series view there is nothing, but there IS a scroll bar where the series names should be.
In the weekly view, I have the days, and gaps in between them that are probably where the show names should be.

I changed the global font to Arial 8 and enabled it, but that didn't help.

It seems like a font rendering issue. Any thoughts now? :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2014, 09:01 PM »
I went ahead and entered a bunch of series, and I do see them in the monthly view.
In the series view there is nothing, but there IS a scroll bar where the series names should be.

I'm going to bet the columns are all at zero-width.  Click into the listview and press Ctrl+NumpadPlus.  Let me know what happens.

mrpeach

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Well yabba dabba fricken do! That was it.

Thank you so very much. :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2014, 09:12 PM »
Well yabba dabba fricken do! That was it.
Thank you so very much. :)

You're welcome...and added to my buglist.

msteph

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Hold on...

If I have the beta open to the Weekly view and I check off an episode(s) and then hit 'Refresh view' (bottom right corner) the check(s) I just made are erased.

But, if I make the checks and then close epCheck and re-open, the checks are there.

Ok, more to consider: if I check an episode and then go to the Series view and then immediately come back to the Weekly view and hit 'Refresh view' the check holds.  I don't have to go to the specific show in the Series list for the check to hold, I only have to click on the Series tab.

I assume a 'save' is not being made unless I leave the Weekly view, either by closing epCheck or by going to the Series tab.  Going from the Weekly view to another tab - Monthly, Search, or Options - seems to sometimes save the check and sometimes not.

Hmmm....

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Hmmm....

Hehehe...keeping two listview's checks synched is a bit of a tricky pain in the arse.  Please see if the latest build fixes things:

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_.zip

Thanks.  =]