ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (37/82) > >>

skwire:
I'm getting some programs on my list show up in the Weekly view but they aren't actually scheduled, at least not in my area. What location is EpCheck pulling the schedule from?-J-Mac (July 28, 2014, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The schedule is compiled by epCheck internally based on dates from the data files.

PS - Hmm, worse yet when I double click on those entries I am taken to J River Media Center webpage for that show and it says there that the first air date was yesterday - July 27, 2014! It was actually on the air last year. It appears the problem is with bad data from J River.
-J-Mac (July 28, 2014, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ugh, that huge J River Media Center advert at the top of the page is so misleading.  You're actually taken to the theTVDB.com webpage for a given episode.  But, yes, if the data is bad, the weekly schedule will be bad.  Garbage in, garbage out, as they say.  Which show is it?

J-Mac:
Hi Jody!

The show is "Crossing Lines". The first season was last year, yet here is what my Weekly View showed for Sunday:

[attachimg=#2][/attachimg]

And here is the episode page at TVDB:

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
Oh - and here's the actual first showing date, per Wikipedia:

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Thanks!

Jim

skwire:
The show is "Crossing Lines".-J-Mac (July 28, 2014, 11:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, definitely looks like garbage in, garbage out.  TheTVDB.com is set up like a wiki so, if you're inclined, you can create an account and fix that data yourself.  =]

skwire:
This took a bit longer than expected but here is another beta version with lots of additions, changes, and fixes.  Before you use it, make a backup of your epCheck folder.

MAKE A BACKUP...PLEASE...

Get it here: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/epcheck/epCheck_beta.zip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version