ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release - epCheck

<< < (36/82) > >>

skwire:
Just now seeing build 56 - this is a very nice update!  I especially like the Air time, Network, and Status additions.   I probably won't use Profiles but I can see that they would be valuable to others.
epCheck is a terrific little program and has become one of my essential apps (worth every penny of my small donation!)-msteph (May 20, 2014, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the kind words.  I really like the way epCheck has turned out and I'm glad you find it useful as well.  And, yes, I know I need to get of my arse and release this version.

Also want to agree with TaoPhoenix re interim fixes.   :)-msteph (May 20, 2014, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's pretty easy for Tao to say as he isn't the one that has to deal with emails from pissed off users that might have their show data f'd up.  It's really interesting how seriously some folks take (ridiculously unimportant in the whole scheme of things) stuff like this (tv shows, for chrissakes!).   :P  You'd think I messed up their financial portfolio and cost them millions or something like that.  Hahahahaha.   :D  Ask mouser about these types of things...we've discussed crap like this on more than one occasion.

Sphinxen:
First and foremost, thanks for a great application, really saved me hours of checking for episodes asf. Regardless of whatever minor bugs people talk about, with/out, this is the closest and best solution I've come to managing an ocean of shows I follow, in a very longtime.

No more Notepad MacGuyvering my lists!

Thanks You!

Now my reason for posting this, besides conveying my thanks and gratitude, is the sudden stop, so I were wondering perhaps I had missed something, I'm kinda an update junkie >.<;;

FYI, using the beta build 56 atm, for my needs, it's invaluable!one1!, thus, wondering if you had moved on or perhaps slapped a sticker with a symbolic amount on it, somewhere I've been unable to find or simply just paused or put it on hold. the development of the program?

No matter what. This is possibly the best application I've had my claws on since Norton/Windows/Total Commander. With a slight amount of exaggeration, but, not far from the truth. Defo deserves a +1 in my book. Personally I was reluctant to donate as I had myself convinced it would end up in a commercial form, but if your leaving it as is, I'll throw some coins your way, just because of the hours you've saved me fiddling around with retarded websites is rather priceless.

//sX

mouser:
welcome to the site sX  :up:  Jody (Skwire) is going to enjoy reading your post -- though he is on vacation for the next few days with family.

just fyi:
Personally I was reluctant to donate as I had myself convinced it would end up in a commercial form
--- End quote ---

Jody has been making apps on this site for 10 years and his apps have always remained free.  I hope everyone will remember this and send him some donations to let him know his work is appreciated.

skwire:
First and foremost, thanks for a great application, really saved me hours of checking for episodes asf. Regardless of whatever minor bugs people talk about, with/out, this is the closest and best solution I've come to managing an ocean of shows I follow, in a very longtime. -Sphinxen (July 20, 2014, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the very kind words.  I'm glad you've found the program useful.

Now my reason for posting this, besides conveying my thanks and gratitude, is the sudden stop, so I were wondering perhaps I had missed something, I'm kinda an update junkie >.<;; -Sphinxen (July 20, 2014, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, you haven't missed anything. I had just been waiting for more feedback on the Profiles feature but I guess no news is good news.  I have another build with further fixes and tweaks that I need to upload.  I'll do that when I get back from holiday.

Personally I was reluctant to donate as I had myself convinced it would end up in a commercial form, but if your leaving it as is, I'll throw some coins your way, just because of the hours you've saved me fiddling around with retarded websites is rather priceless.
-Sphinxen (July 20, 2014, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, not going commercial with it.  As mouser mentioned (thanks, bro), I've been writing freeware for a pretty good while now and have no intention of going commercial.  It's a fun hobby and I intend to keep it that way.

Please forgive any typos or formatting errors as I typed this from my tablet in the hotel room. :]

J-Mac:
I'm getting some programs on my list show up in the Weekly view but they aren't actually scheduled, at least not in my area. What location is EpCheck pulling the schedule from?

Thanks!

Jim

PS - Hmm, worse yet when I double click on those entries I am taken to J River Media Center webpage for that show and it says there that the first air date was yesterday - July 27, 2014! It was actually on the air last year. It appears the problem is with bad data from J River.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version