topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: XYplorer offers 50% competitive discount for Directory Opus users  (Read 22873 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: XYplorer offers 50% competitive discount for Directory Opus users
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 04:08 PM »
Agreed.  Why don't we agree to disagree and let the point drop.  Let DonL make a response if he will, and the offer is out there.

I can see this easily degenerating into the old software wars that we've had here.   :(

DonL

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • XYplorer File Manager
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 03:20 AM »
^you start very diplomatically (good disguise) but that is a very dubious first post :down:

Déjà vu. A "teppups" already dissed XY and praised DO in an XYplorer BDJ promotion this year, then a "teppups" showed up in the XYplorer forum promoting DO and dissing XY, now a "teppups" suddenly materializes here. What a miraculous coincidence. Well, it's Xmas.  :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 03:51 AM »
^ choosing to focus on that, rather than the comments on your approach, doesnt help much either.
Tom
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:37 AM by tomos »

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 07:33 AM »
Déjà vu. A "teppups" already dissed XY ...

And look at the letters making up the name: take off the ending "s", and reverse the rest. I hypothesize that "s" stands for "sock", yielding "puppet sock".

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 09:03 AM »
^ choosing to focus on that, rather than the comments on your approach, doesnt help much either.

He already did comment on his approach on the previous page.  Then we chimed in again with the fact that perhaps showing that or taking the high road.  But I don't see where he's ignored the comments about it.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 09:30 AM »
^yeah, fair point
Tom

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 01:20 PM »
I do think we should strongly discourage developers from making negative statements about competing products. It's just not not our style here.

Thank you, Mouser. I'd hate to see this forum's reputation tarnished by any sort of mud-slinging in the name of increasing sales. For anyone.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 01:23 PM »
I don't know whether Leo (username on this forum is Nudel) officially works for gpsoft; he's an amazing presence on their forums, and he participates from time to time on the Donation Code forums as well.

Sometime in the last year or so Leo did become a formalized paid employee of GPSoft. He's an awesome guy...but a little preoccupied with cats. ;)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 01:27 PM »
I agree it's nasty. And it's certainly not my style. It's the first time I did this in 16 years. But, what you probably don't know, this little campaign is running at least since September 2013:

Remove the animal to make the link work: http://<kangaroo>www.gpsoft.com.au/dscripts/compupgrade.asp

Tit for tat, as they say. ;)

Don, and I say this criticism as constructively as I can, the difference between what they did on their web site and what you did in your post is that they had a firm, concrete list of advantages of what their product could do over the products they were advertising upgrades from. If you had approached your sales pitch from that direction I don't think nearly as many people would have had a problem with it.

Compose a solid list of what your file manager can do that others cannot and use that to sell your product. Advertise by building yourself up, not by tearing others down and you'll run a much more successful campaign, IMHO.

EDITED TO ADD: Offering a competitive upgrade is awesome. It just was not presented as well as it could have been.

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 10:33 PM »
Now is a good time to switch: For the rest of 2013, you can get the XYplorer Lifetime License Pro for 50% off if you are a Directory Opus user. You pay only US$ 39.97 instead of US$ 79.95!

Thanks for the offer, Don ... but I don't use Directory Opus and I am already your customer.  :)