ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYplorer offers 50% competitive discount for Directory Opus users

<< < (2/7) > >>

Innuendo:
You are a frustrated Directory Opus user who has been fed too much bloat for too much money for too many years?-DonL (December 22, 2013, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I also find this advertisement to be in very poor taste...and extremely inaccurate. Just a couple of the reasons why I use Directory Opus instead of XYPlorer is because XYPlorer doesn't have half the features Directory Opus does and when I was seriously looking at making XYPlorer my file manager of choice I posted a feature suggestion on the forum and I was quickly told by the author and numerous users on the forum it was never going to ever happen (and some were quite rude about it).

My personal interpretation of your question is "You are a frustrated Ferrari owner who has been fed too much speed for too much money for too many years? Well, switch to a Fiat 500 today."

This ploy is in similar taste to those gawd-aful "I'm a Mac vs. I'm a PC" commercials.

Sorry, my experience in your user forum soured me on XYPlorer years ago and this 'stunt' doesn't sweeten me on your product one bit.

Edited to add: It also irritates me that we tend to only see DonL around here when he's looking to hawk his goods.

Innuendo:
GP Soft came last week or so with a beta of Directory Opus v11...so there is quite some action going on there as well.   ;)-Shades (December 22, 2013, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been using the Directory Opus v11 beta for a few days now & it looks like it's going to be a day one purchase for me when it is released. I wasn't a fan of Directory Opus in the past, but v10 really won me over and v11 shows they haven't run out of ideas yet.

cyberdiva:
I have been a Directory Opus user for several years, and although I am happy with it, I still find it a bit overwhelming. It's not impossible that I might have been tempted by a special offer from XYplorer, but not by this offer. I agree with Josh: the offer says next to nothing about what XYplorer would give me that DOpus does not.  The tone of the ad, too, turns me off.  

wraith808:
Edited to add: It also irritates me that we tend to only see DonL around here when he's looking to hawk his goods.
-Innuendo (December 22, 2013, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would personally ask that people are careful with statements like this.  Trying to get discounts for the community, one of the selling points is the ability to reach many potential customers.  Statements like this make it harder than it already is to secure discounts.  Civility and welcome whenever anyone comes to the forums would seem to make the community more welcoming, and the attraction of helping the community much more inviting.  And while DonL has not been active in the everyday community, he has been an active supporter.  Piling on doesn't seem to be in the vein of this community, IMO.

superboyac:
-Innuendo (December 22, 2013, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would personally ask that people are careful with statements like this.  Trying to get discounts for the community, one of the selling points is the ability to reach many potential customers.  Statements like this make it harder than it already is to secure discounts.  Civility and welcome whenever anyone comes to the forums would seem to make the community more welcoming, and the attraction of helping the community much more inviting.
-wraith808 (December 22, 2013, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
I like DonL.  He has excellent customer support and from what I've seen has always been pretty friendly and honest.  I don't blame him for doing some marketing like this, it's pretty harmless.  I use both Dopus and XYplorer, and I'm not offended, lol!  Let's have a little friendly competition.  If MMA fighters can hug after fights, so can developers.  :-*  :-*  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version