ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYplorer offers 50% competitive discount for Directory Opus users

<< < (4/7) > >>

wraith808:
I do think we should strongly discourage developers from making negative statements about competing products. It's just not not our style here.
-mouser (December 22, 2013, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can get onboard with that... especially with our other experience with developer slap fight over text substitution (don't want to mention product names or we'll summon them)

cyberdiva:
Just like "you" I will like to see DonL visiting our forum some more, but at least he is active, and normally he is not this rude. I don't remember anyone from gpsoft ever visiting us. Do you?
-Curt (December 22, 2013, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know whether Leo (username on this forum is Nudel) officially works for gpsoft; he's an amazing presence on their forums, and he participates from time to time on the Donation Code forums as well.

DonL:
I agree it's nasty. And it's certainly not my style. It's the first time I did this in 16 years. But, what you probably don't know, this little campaign is running at least since September 2013:

Remove the animal to make the link work: http://<kangaroo>www.gpsoft.com.au/dscripts/compupgrade.asp

Tit for tat, as they say. ;)

Dormouse:
Tit for tat, as they say. ;)
-DonL (December 23, 2013, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don,

I agree it is tit for tat in principle - but not on this site. I would have preferred to have our attention drawn to the DOpus campaign together with your response.

I own, like and use XY and DO (and also regularly like and use Q-Dir). I would be surprised if many purchasers of DO think it is bloated because I would have expected users who didn't need that range of features to be put off by the price which is massively higher than all(?) the competition.

All that said, I fully support your fight back against that very targeted crossgrade campaign.

Tuxman:
But GP is right, there is no 64-bit XY ...  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version