ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYplorer offers 50% competitive discount for Directory Opus users

<< < (7/7)

tomos:
^yeah, fair point

Innuendo:
I do think we should strongly discourage developers from making negative statements about competing products. It's just not not our style here.
-mouser (December 22, 2013, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you, Mouser. I'd hate to see this forum's reputation tarnished by any sort of mud-slinging in the name of increasing sales. For anyone.

Innuendo:
I don't know whether Leo (username on this forum is Nudel) officially works for gpsoft; he's an amazing presence on their forums, and he participates from time to time on the Donation Code forums as well.-cyberdiva (December 22, 2013, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sometime in the last year or so Leo did become a formalized paid employee of GPSoft. He's an awesome guy...but a little preoccupied with cats. ;)

Innuendo:
I agree it's nasty. And it's certainly not my style. It's the first time I did this in 16 years. But, what you probably don't know, this little campaign is running at least since September 2013:

Remove the animal to make the link work: http://<kangaroo>www.gpsoft.com.au/dscripts/compupgrade.asp

Tit for tat, as they say. ;)
-DonL (December 23, 2013, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don, and I say this criticism as constructively as I can, the difference between what they did on their web site and what you did in your post is that they had a firm, concrete list of advantages of what their product could do over the products they were advertising upgrades from. If you had approached your sales pitch from that direction I don't think nearly as many people would have had a problem with it.

Compose a solid list of what your file manager can do that others cannot and use that to sell your product. Advertise by building yourself up, not by tearing others down and you'll run a much more successful campaign, IMHO.

EDITED TO ADD: Offering a competitive upgrade is awesome. It just was not presented as well as it could have been.

erikts:
Now is a good time to switch: For the rest of 2013, you can get the XYplorer Lifetime License Pro for 50% off if you are a Directory Opus user. You pay only US$ 39.97 instead of US$ 79.95!
-DonL (December 22, 2013, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the offer, Don ... but I don't use Directory Opus and I am already your customer.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version