topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2014 Release - Lid On It  (Read 6609 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2014 Release - Lid On It
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:39 AM »
And I am happy to put a lid on it believe me. A lot of fooling around with message WM_DROPFILES when AutoIt can catch single files dropped on its own.  But anyway, it probably buggy.  I recommend using the Browse Buttons rather than drag & drop but either should work.

***  Recommendation : Set Power Options for Lid Close to DO NOTHING for both Battery and Plugged In  ***

What it is supposed to do:  Very simple, top input has the name of a file/shortcut/program that will be opened/run when the Laptop Lid is Opened, if checkbox is Checked. Likewise bottom input has the name of what will run when Laptop Lid is Closed, if checkbox is check.  If Lock On Close is checked, the desktop will be locked when the lid is closed.

The file paths and the state of the checkboxes are stored in an .ini file in the same folder as the exe.

No check is made that the machine is indeed a Laptop.

Once you have it set up how you want to use it, then you should be able to create a shortcut for your Startup Folder and start it minimized.  I can't think of a whole bunch of programs I want to start on lid open and close myself so probably the desktop lock will be most useful for those who don't want to lose the WiFi connection when closing the lid for a short time.

There's no readme as it should be pretty intuitive.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:46 PM by MilesAhead »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2014 Release - Lid On It
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Everything needs a readme.
Just put the contents of this post into a readme.txt and include a link here or to your web page.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 03:12 PM »
Everything needs a readme.
Just put the contents of this post into a readme.txt and include a link here or to your web page.

OK.  Will do.  :)

Edit: Zip file attached to first post updated.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:23 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 01:47 PM »
Updated to v. 1.0.0.2.  Muddled text in Inputs from drag and drop fixed.  Custom icon added.

LidOnIt.zip in first post updated.