topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Free Guitar & Drum Trainer License ($50 value) - Xmas Gifts for 5 Musicians  (Read 3035 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
          Originally posted @
http://www.ultimate-...hread.php?p=32208540

THE RENEGADE MINDS CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!

This is about YOUR favourite music, and MY favourite music.

PART 1 (THE FIRST 5 - YOUR FAVOURITE MUSIC!):

I'm giving out 5~10 free Guitar & Drum Trainer licenses, a $50 value, to the first 5 musicians who post screenshots of their favourite songs. Doesn't matter what I like - Post what YOU like!

PART 2 (EVERYONE AFTER THE FIRST 5 - MY FAVOURITE MUSIC):

After the first 5, if you post a screenshot of a song or band that I like, you get a free license as well. It doesn't need to be my favourite - I only need to like it. (See below.)

HINT #1: Don't post screenshots of boy band music.
HINT #2: Post a YouTube link if you think I might not know your music. If I can check it out and get into it quick, you win. If I get bored and close it, well, them's the breaks.

Yeah, I know... what I like is totally arbitrary, but what the heck? It keeps it fun. I'm looking to spread some Christmas cheer here, so don't get offended if my eyes gloss over because I've never even heard of band ABC123 or whatever. I like a lot of music across a very broad range of genres, so you've got a very good chance that I'll like "Brazzlebrop" singing "Doozle my Froozlefrap" if the music is actually good. ;)

WTH is GDT?

Guitar & Drum Trainer is software to help you learn new music easier and faster. It's used by everyone from hobbyists to professionals. (There's a screenshot below.)

HOW TO WIN (FIRST 5):

[list=1]

That's all there is to it. The first 5 get a free GDT license.

5 free GDT Christmas licenses to the first 5 people to post screenshots here of their favourite songs!

HOW TO WIN (AFTER THE FIRST 5):

[list=1]

RULES:

[list=1]
  • You must have at least 5 posts here in the forums and an account older than this post.
  • Your screenshot must be visible - no text links. See below for how to take & post a screenshot.
  • If I can't see the screenshot, it doesn't count. (imgur.com is a good and reliable site. I will make extra efforts there.) 
  • If you are one of the first 5 to win, and post a song from one of MY favourite bands or songs, you get TWO (2) licenses - 1 for you, and 1 for you to give away to a fellow musician.
  • You can post up to 5 screenshots.
  • I need to know the name of the song & band, so if your music file isn't tagged properly to display in the GDT title bar, you need to tell me the song name & band name. If I can't tell what it is, it doesn't count towards being one of my favourites.
  • The contest is open until Boxing Day (midnight December 26th). (I may extend this if it's fun.)
  • All winners will be notified after the contest closes. (This lets people post the same bands/songs on a neutral basis.)

SCREENSHOTS:

For those not familiar with how to post a screenshot:

[list=1]
  • Visit http://imgur.com/.
  • Drag & drop the screenshot onto the web site to upload it.
  • Copy the BBCode IMG tag.
  • Paste that in your post.

Here's an example:

The code for that is (with added spaces):

[ IMG ] http://i.imgur.com/76GjSZO.png [ / IMG ]

To easily take screenshots, Screenshot Captor is free (and really, really good!):

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/index.html

BONUS FOR EVERYONE!!!

I'm giving Ð10 Dogecoins to everyone that posts a screenshot! (Up to 1,000 Dogecoins. Up to 100 people that love doges!)

Or 100 Bernankoins! (Up to 100,000 Bernankoins!)

Take your pick! Dogecoins or Bernankoins? It's up to you!

Post your Dogecoin or Bernankoin address with your screenshot and I'll send you some super-awesome crypto currency for the future!

EVERYONE WINS!

Good luck, and MERRY CHRISTMAS~!

(I hope I didn't forget anything...)
-RenegadeMinds
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think some of my friends will be interested in this!

Thanks Ren!