ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Paraskevidekatriaphobics Unite

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
As one Paraskevidekatriaphobic to another, today is the day.  Watch out for open grates in sidewalks, ladders with a bucket of paint hanging, and guys selling sunglasses for a buck.

Used to be I'd just stay home on Friday the 13th.  No option now.  I have to be out in the wild with all the weirdos.  I just hope the crackheads take the day off.  :)

IainB:
Heh. That's worse than "lethologica".    ;)

MilesAhead:
Heh. That's worse than "lethologica".    ;)
-IainB (December 13, 2013, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

It can be handy at times if you have Tourette syndrome.  For example, you feel no inhibition about calling some giant football player lookin' dude a really nasty name.  Fortunately you are not punched out because you can't recall the insult.  :)

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

Gotta disagree on that one. I've generally had good luck on Friday the 13th (which is rather infrequent), but the tendency to forget words (frequently) in the middle of a train of thought is a real PITA. You know there is a word for it. You start the sentence with all intent of using said word ... But when you get there...total blankness. This is compounded by the fact that I think in pictures. So any time I'm speaking, I'm actually trying to describe a picture in my head ... That requires a word that I cannot bring to mind even though I'm staring right at "it". Trust me...it's annoying as hell. Especially since apparently some dildo created a word for it which I also will not be able to remember.. ;)

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

It can be handy at times if you have Tourette syndrome.  For example, you feel no inhibition about calling some giant football player lookin' dude a really nasty name.  Fortunately you are not punched out because you can't recall the insult.  :)

-MilesAhead (December 13, 2013, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds like a good plan, but (trust me) unfortunately it's never the short words that go missing... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version