topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Let's Make a List: How to Live Life to the Fullest  (Read 3257 times)

Panapple

Let's Make a List: How to Live Life to the Fullest
« on: December 11, 2013, 03:46 AM »
How this works: Each post has to follow the numbering and be genuinely helpful or humorous. One point per post. Posts can be as long as you'd like. The only posts not apart of the list should be quotes (no comments). Yes, I invented this idea. Links are allowed. Let's get this started...

1.Treat each day like it's the last day.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Let's Make a List: How to Live Life to the Fullest
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 05:23 AM »
2. Because it's the last day (of one's life or whatever) don't waste time in frivolous pursuits that don't matter to anyone or have no real meaning/use - e.g., making lists of "things to do on the last day".    :tellme:

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:40 AM »
3. Happiness is a state of mind. It is not found in people, places, or things. Take responsibility for your own happiness. It's the only way you will ever attain it.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:14 AM »
Had a laugh at Iain's comment there - what I had been wondering was: what's the average bloke's version of "Treat each day like it's the last day" ?
Of course maybe my imagination is being a bit unfair on us blokes :) or maybe what I imagine as 'average' is really just a noisy minority.

Anyways, I think I'd have to write a book in order to give any meaningful tips here. Will report back later if I come up with anything clear and simple. Maybe I should test it out first too..
Tom

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:23 AM »
4. Learn to cook, it's goddamn invaluable being able to create delicious food from very few ingredients and a few spices. Also experiment and find out what works for you after you achieved basic proficiency.

Stop mousering people so much - Mouser

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 11:40 AM »
5. Think! There's never an excuse or reason not to.

6. Watch your mouth. Watch both the things you put in it - and the words you let come out. You'll discover your mouth is where most problems you'll create for yourself in life begin.