ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I have been pwned

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
That's only because they're not making sausage out of a lawyer ... Then everybody would want to watch.
-Stoic Joker (December 09, 2013, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps you should pitch it to TruTV?  Sounds like a winner.  :)

mwb1100:
Second, while the steps you outlined are a good start, they are unfortunately just the start of the battle. You are going to want to contact the three credit card reporting agencies (Experian, TransUnion, and EquiFax) to flag your credit reports.
-Innuendo (December 09, 2013, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did the Adobe breach disclose credit card information, too?  I hadn't heard that.

cyberdiva:
My email address (well, one of them  :) ) was on the pwned list, but I don't think I'll worry about it or take any action.  The password I used is one I used only on that site, so it won't do anyone much good.  And the credit card I used when I bought something several years ago was cancelled long ago.  Thus, I think the worst anyone could do with my information is send spam by faking the pwned email address, something that's been done before and is probably not worth their time.    

tomos:
Second, while the steps you outlined are a good start, they are unfortunately just the start of the battle. You are going to want to contact the three credit card reporting agencies (Experian, TransUnion, and EquiFax) to flag your credit reports.
-Innuendo (December 09, 2013, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did the Adobe breach disclose credit card information, too?  I hadn't heard that.
-mwb1100 (December 09, 2013, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

This (znet) gave the impression that it was:

The Znet article says:

Adobe is resetting the passwords on breached Adobe customer IDs, and users will receive an email if they are affected. The software giant is also currently notifying customers whose credit or debit card information was exposed.
--- End quote ---

so it sounds like maybe only some people's CC info was taken :-\-tomos (October 10, 2013, 03:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

4wd:
Bah!  I don't trust that site, of the 14 gmail accounts I use not one appeared on there ... I'm going to have to try harder  :mad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version