topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: urgent: Photoshop CC + Lightroom 5 for $10 pr month  (Read 3266 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
urgent: Photoshop CC + Lightroom 5 for $10 pr month
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:21 AM »
right "now" at https://www.adobe.com/ :
Photoshop CC + Lightroom 5 for $10 pr month

"CC" = "Creative Cloud" => online required

Adobe$9.95.gif

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:35 AM by Curt »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: urgent: Photoshop CC + Lightroom 5 for $10 pr month
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Given your other post today about pwning, I don't think I'd touch this offer with a ten foot pole. If this were for a one-time purchase, Adobe could use one's credit card information for the purchase and then discard everything but the last four digits to display for your records. With this perpetual subscription, though, that means Adobe will have to keep your full credit card details on file so they can make that charge to your card every month.

Given Adobe's past track record, they've never been one to react and correct their mistakes in a lightning quick manner.

But don't mind me. I'm one of those old curmudgeons who looks upon cloud computing with great disdain. The potential is there, but it's still too new and companies are pouring all of their resources into trying to find ways towards the perpetual billing of customers rather than concentrating on security and the securing of the data they are so eager to store.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Also, as far as I can tell, the discounted price is for one year only, after which you will have to pay full price to continue using the software (since it's a subscription service and not a product you buy).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 02:29 PM »
I'd say be careful with this - unless you're sure you want it - if you cancel after 30 days, you have to pay 50% of the agreed price for all the remaining months.
From the terms and conditions:

Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

Cancellation
We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days starting from your contract date, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation for the cancellation or removal of seats. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support.
[my emphasis]
Tom

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Cancellation
We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days starting from your contract date, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation for the cancellation or removal of seats. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support.

Oh, benevolent Adobe....you giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.  ;D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06 PM »
I treat any deal (whether it's cable company, software subscription service, website hosting service) that offers an "introductory" cheap price for the first year and then after that goes back up to normal (or frequently higher!), as something to steer wide clear from, unless I am already resigned to paying the full price for the long haul.