ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 RELEASE: Weather Station Warlock

<< < (5/8) > >>

gemini06720:
The National Weather Service which states...
"...across the United States and US Territories..."
and I am unsure if those territories use state or province so I just did State/Province.
-hamradio (January 15, 2014, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I do not think there are such things as 'provinces' within the United States of America or its Territories - the only 'provinces' I know of, within North America, are those of the country Canada ... I am sure none of the canadian 'provinces' would like to be considered 'US Territories'.  :-[

But, you have not answered my second question "From where are your getting the weather data (it appears you might be getting some of the information from the local METAR stations)?"

If you are using the data provided by the local METAR stations (through the National Weather Service), then, you could possibly add the of 10 canadian provinces and 3 territories to the list of USA states and territories ... to make the Weather Station Warlock a truly north american weather information utility.  ;)

Ray.

hamradio:
My husband is going to love this!  He's a weather nut and loves to see what's going on everywhere.  Thank you!
-doglady1 (January 15, 2014, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Your very welcome! :)

The National Weather Service which states...
"...across the United States and US Territories..."
and I am unsure if those territories use state or province so I just did State/Province.
-hamradio (January 15, 2014, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I do not think there are such things as 'provinces' within the United States of America or its Territories - the only 'provinces' I know of, within North America, are those of the country Canada ... I am sure none of the canadian 'provinces' would like to be considered 'US Territories'.  :-[

But, you have not answered my second question "From where are your getting the weather data (it appears you might be getting some of the information from the local METAR stations)?"

If you are using the data provided by the local METAR stations (through the National Weather Service), then, you could possibly add the of 10 canadian provinces and 3 territories to the list of USA states and territories ... to make the Weather Station Warlock a truly north american weather information utility.  ;)

Ray.
-gemini06720 (January 15, 2014, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is using xml from the nws @ http://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/seek.php which does stuff a little different than what I have been able to find on the Canada weather service pages.  

However I may look into it more in the future as time permits.

Note: Slight version increase to fix the wording of a couple controls in the find stations dialog.

mouser:
Featured on ILoveFreeSoftware.com today: http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/15/windows/weather-station-warlock.html

hamradio:
Featured on ILoveFreeSoftware.com today: http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/15/windows/weather-station-warlock.html
-mouser (January 15, 2014, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice to see it is getting some use by several other people than just me using it. :)

hamradio:
- Maybe you could make the text copyable because then you can make notes, send it in an email, and the whole shebang.
- Add a Minimize to the Tray
-TaoPhoenix (January 06, 2014, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can confirm that both of those will be in a release that should happen in the next week or so. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version