ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 RELEASE: Weather Station Warlock

<< < (4/8) > >>

hamradio:
Hi Ham Radio,

Some thoughts:

- Currently when I close it, the stations are lost. What if you made some feature where your stations are saved?
- Maybe you could make the text copyable because then you can make notes, send it in an email, and the whole shebang.
- Add a Minimize to the Tray
- This could be the counterpart to Skwire's sWeather. A buddy of mine is a Flight Attendant, so he always wants to know the weather here. So between the two, I can do a quick forecast and give your detailed warlock data of "current conditions".

-TaoPhoenix (January 06, 2014, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

1. It does as mouser said in his post for saving as soon as the find stations dialog is closed with the finished button it should save the stations list and refresh all data as well.
2+3. Perhaps soon.

TaoPhoenix:
Stations are saved for me -- maybe yours is running someplace where it can't save settings? I think it tries to save settings in the directory it runs from.
-mouser (January 06, 2014, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I think I figured it out. For a lot of these little apps I tend to extract them to my desktop and play with them, then move them to my "resources" folder (aka utilities). So I must have moved the app and it lost contact with its settings.

The second time I tried it and moved the whole self contained subfolder over, it looks like it's staying put now.

gemini06720:
Just curious...  ;)

Why are you presenting us with a choice of 'State/Province' when there is no province in the list of options - I am in Canada, more precisely in beautiful British Columbia...  8)

From where exactly are your getting the weather information (it appears you might be getting some of the information from the local METAR stations)?

Ray.

hamradio:
Just curious...  ;)

Why are you presenting us with a choice of 'State/Province' when there is no province in the list of options - I am in Canada, more precisely in beautiful British Columbia...  8)

From where exactly are your getting the weather information (it appears you might be getting some of the information from the local METAR stations)?

Ray.
-gemini06720 (January 15, 2014, 02:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

The National Weather Service which states...

"...across the United States and US Territories..."

and I am unsure if those territories use state or province so I just did State/Province.

That's my logic to it.  If you can clarify for sure if they do not use province I will change it.

doglady1:
My husband is going to love this!  He's a weather nut and loves to see what's going on everywhere.  Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version