ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tresorit - Cloud storage service (FREE) - Mini-Review. (WARNING!)

<< < (2/7) > >>

IainB:
Update 2013-12-13 re "Pre-encryption" (in the table in the opening post).
(b) is encrypted (post-SnowdenGate) and successfully protects against US NSA legal/illegal surveillance, with the encryption keys being unknown to the Cloud service provider.
Note: If you just want this on its own, refer: Pre-encryption makes cloud-based storage safer

--- End quote ---

rgdot:
Few months have passed, any new thoughts on Tresorit and other "safe" and encrypted cloud storage? Looking for one just to backup a few files, nothing fancy but as safe as possible these days.

Deozaan:
Isn't Mega.co.nz supposed to be encrypted end-to-end?

There's also SpiderOak, which has been around for a long time.

IainB:
Isn't Mega.co.nz supposed to be encrypted end-to-end?
There's also SpiderOak, which has been around for a long time.
-Deozaan (September 22, 2014, 10:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm not sure whether they meet the suggested 2 essential security criteria, though I think MEGA probably does by now, if it didn't before.
I shall have to investigate and add them to the alternatives list anyway.
In light of @40hz's comments, it might be appropriate to review those two criteria and give them some more precise definition.

rgdot:
Long awaited

Hi,

I'm Gyorgy, one of the Tresorit founders. We've launched our service more than 2 years ago. Since then, Tresorit evolved into one of the market’s most respected, secure cloud storage services. We have significantly advanced data security, helping thousands of users stay productive.

I'm happy to say that we have finally released Tresorit for Linux. Please take the time now to take it for a spin.

Get Tresorit for Linux here >>

We're currently putting the finishing touches on the app, but aside from a few convenient features, you can store and sync your files securely. You can learn more about the Tresorit for Linux release on our support page.

We look forward to your feedback and are especially interested in knowing what additional features are priorities for you.

Many thanks for being a beta user of Tresorit for Linux.

Best regards,

Gyorgy Szilagyi
Tresorit Chief Product Officer
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version