ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > PopUp Wisdom

PopUp Wisdom Love

<< < (5/6) > >>

ewemoa:
[Feature] PopUp Wisdom will now create the default UserQuotes.txt file in the proper user configuration directory (instead of installation directory) on WinVista/7/8.
-mouser (December 02, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does this happen for the portable version too?  I failed to determine whether it does or not (my preference being that it doesn't happen.)

The newest version seemed to read my old settings (at least the hotkey settings) even though I thought I didn't do an overwriting installation.  May be I messed up?

As far as focus-stealing is concerned, haven't seen it happen for both VirtualBox guest OS installations of XP Pro and 7 Pro.

mouser:
Does this happen for the portable version too?  I failed to determine whether it does or not (my preference being that it doesn't happen.)

Only if the UserQuotes.txt file does not yet exist.  It would happen in the Books directory on the portable disk.

I'm not sure if you are saying there are problems or not.

ewemoa:
To clarify, I've only tested portable versions.

What I thought I saw was (under Windows 7 Pro), a new installation of PopUp Wisdom (non-overwriting) already being configured with custom hotkeys.

I'll test again.

ewemoa:
I tried again (Windows 7 Pro), i.e. non-overwriting installation of portable version -- when I look at the options dialog I see that my custom hotkeys are already set.  I didn't expect this for a portable set up.  Is that the intended behavior?

ewemoa:
Ah I think I see what's going on -- somehow I was expecting the portable version to be configured to look for settings and friends in the directory containing the exe.  It doesn't by default I guess.

I guess I misunderstood.  Sorry about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version