topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 4571 times)

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Path of Exile
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:09 AM »
Since Diablo 1 came out, this game genre has me captured as a fan. Hours and hours I have "wasted" playing both Diablo and Diablo II. Didn't play any of Diablo III though, as the always open internet connection "feature" didn't appeal to me at all...which was also problematic in the beginning. Besides not having internet at home, the reviews from people who could play were mostly 'Meh' so I didn't feel bad about skipping that part of the franchise.

However, I recently discovered a new game in this genre, called: Path to Exile.

It's Free-To-Play (over 4.5 GByte download) and captures the spirit and fun of the first Diablo games very, very well. As I do have internet where I live now, I thought to try it out. Let's just say that many hours were "wasted" again, since I started playing.

The always connected feature in Free-To-Play games is understandable, the existence of micro-transactions too. And in this game these only buy gimmicks that only alter the look and animations of the character(s) you are playing. There is also a chat system where players can exchange loot amongst themselves, no money involved.

Although it is a Free-To-Play game with a lot of features to play with and against others, there is nothing stopping you from playing the game as a solo-player as there is a story-line and lot's of side-quests.

Great game for any price.