ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter v1.06 - cannot tame :(

(1/2) > >>

Talus:
GRAW v1.06 for some reason makes the game run in high priority mode.  This makes my keyboard and mouse completely unresponsive.

I finally found Process Tamer and was VERY excited as this looks like JUST what I have been looking for.

Now, I can set up explicit rules that seem to work for other processes...but it just will NOT change graw.exe's process priority to normal.

Any other annoyed GRAW owners out there trying to tame the process?

Talus:
Hmm...Process Master seems to be able to do it.  Using it instead.

http://www.octopod.org/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=136

mouser:
i'll add process master to the list of related programs.
is this a case i wonder of GRAW running as a system process that can't be modified by a normal process.  that would be very strange for a game..

question:
have you tried going to the "Process" tab in the Process Tamer GUI, and setting the Priority dropdown box for GRAW to low-priority? Does it seem to be able to change it there?  Just trying to figure out if the problem is in the rule application or in physically changing the priority..  Maybe I can add some log info to help figure out the problem.

There was a thread here on running ProcessTamer as a service (something planned to be added to the program eventually), that might also solve this.

f0dder:
Might be protection related - some games (at least World Of Warcraft) do various tricks to make OpenProcess fail... dunno if that's the deal with GRAW, though.

mouser:
yeah but then how could the other taming tool be working?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version