ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

e-book how-to - looking for MS Word & etc.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Target:
that's not an issue, several of the free suites will work with word (.doc) documents.

FWIW MS has attracted the ire of many users for the 'radical' interface changes between versions (most notably 'the ribbon'...)

40hz:
So...I wonder what the earlier version was, that the customer liked so much.
-bit (November 25, 2013, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most likely a version prior to Office 2007 which introduced the "ribbon interface" many people don't like. If I had to guess, it was probably Word 2003 he had.

40hz:
You might try TextMaker which is part of the free edition of Softmaker Office. It works very well with Microsoft Office files and it has the more traditional menu-style interface.

e-book how-to - looking for MS Word & etc.

It's pretty much what I use for word processing since it's available for both Windows and Linux.

Download link and info here.

bit:
So...I wonder what the earlier version was, that the customer liked so much.
-bit (November 25, 2013, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most likely a version prior to Office 2007 which introduced the "ribbon interface" many people don't like. If I had to guess, it was probably Word 2003 he had.
-40hz (November 25, 2013, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
My eyes can't take white screens, and I've posted elsewhere how insanely in love I am with DimScreen.
Found MS Word 2003 on ebay for $30.

Would there be an 'Office' version that includes MS Word 2003 that I should think about instead, or is that more headaches than it's worth?
I don't want to spend a lot on this, and I really only need a word processor, not a Suite.

Yeah, here's MS Office Pro 2003 for two offers and great prices; First offer $20.50, Second offer $34.99.

If it doesn't goof me up somehow, maybe the Office version includes MS Word 2003 and is a better package deal, you think?
There's usually more to these deals than meets the eye, is why I'm running this past everybody here in case someone has a head's-up for me I'm not aware of.

Target:
libreoffice portable is only 230M for the entire suite, which is probably less than MS word alone (I have it on a usb key), and it's free...

plus you can set it to have a white on black workspace (you can actually choose whatever colours you like)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version